Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Goooooooood Morning mommy!

I was awakened this morning by two boys climbing into bed with me. I was then awakened a few minutes later because they got up to play and I begged them to let me rest a bit longer. Then, about 10-15 minutes later I was awakened yet again by 3 boys. Judah had gotten Gideon out of bed. (for those of you who are freaking out, we didn't like it either at first but Judah is really careful ) He deposited Gideon on my bed and announced. "He wants you Mommy!" Time to nurse. Gideon was GRINNING from ear to ear with his 4 little pearly whites showing. He loves the attention his brothers give him and he also loves knowing that Mommy's nursing station is open for business. They also gave me my glasses and informed to to get up because it was "time for school". They LOVE homeschooling even more than I hoped they would. I did convince them that they should eat first and that I should eat first too. (It took a few minutes to do so.) After breakfast we did some school. They did a matching paper in their workbooks and then we did a craft. We made a number 2 man. The number buddies are a big hit. I got them off the internet.
For those interested here's the site: http://www.dltk-teach.com/numbers/index.html
She has lots of fun things on there for homeschoolers or for parents wanting to supplement their child's education. Or just for learning fun.
While I was cleaning out a closet the boys were supposed to be coloring their last paper. Was that what Thomas was doing? Noooooooo. I smelled the smell of burning plastic. I immediately panicked. (for those of you who know my boys you will understand why) I ran into the kitchen and checked the oven and microwave to see if they had put a crayon in either of those places and turned them on. Nope and both were cold and off. Then Judah said, "mom look what Thomas did." I was frantically trying to find the source of the smell before a fire erupted and burned down our house. (ok now I'm exaggerating a bit but I was nervous) Judah pointed up in our dining room. I looked and saw where the smell was emanating from....the chandelier. Thomas had colored about 5 bulbs with crayon and the heat was melting the crayon and causing the burning smell. WHERE DO THEY GET THIS STUFF??!!! Ok, even I have to laugh at the creativity on that one. I didn't freak out but I did discipline him for it. Not because of what he did but for 2 other reasons. #1- they are not EVER allowed to touch the chandelier- they almost pulled it down one time and it's a HEAVY one. #2- They are not allowed to climb on the dining room table.
Anyway, I removed the bulbs and by the time we got back from our errand in town the smell was gone.
See what I mean about Thomas being the creative one. LOL LOL
Well, I'd better run. Gideon is fussing in his high chair. I'm going to have to scrub him down too because the last time I looked he had smeared the chocolate graham cracker ALL over his hair, face, clothes, and high chair. I'm going to get a pic that I'll post later.
BLESSINGS!!

No comments: