Monday, March 12, 2007

I HATE COFFEE!!- but overall a great day today

Seem like a strange title but you'll see why.

OK... so here we are in Ohio. I took the kids to the Museum of Natural History today. ( mostly so they could see the dinosaur exhibit) It was a great experience and they were well behaved for the most part. I dressed them in matching outfits so that they would look really cute in all the pictures but it turned out to be a great asset for another reason. Gideon was in the stroller most of the time but the other boys were looking at the exhibits with great gusto and controlled energy. They kept moving so fast around the room. The great thing was that I only had to remember one outfit. I did have to look for 2 children wearing it but I didn't have to remember what color each individual child had on. I'm going to do that more often in crowded places. The museum was VERY evolutionary centered. That was very disappointing but at least my kids aren't old enough to read the displays so I didn't have to correct the faulty information. We skipped the ape to man displays and concentrated on the different animals, fossils, dinosaur bones etc. The museum isn't huge so it wasn't overwhelming to them. It was just the right amount of time. The Discovery Zone was GREAT. It was a room where kids could touch and learn; puzzles, activities, insect bingo, furs, fossils, and a great dinosaur "dig" that all three of my children loved. I will post those pictures at a later date. I have to get them developed first. Oh how I long for a digital camera. :):) My boys did so much better looking at the no touch exhibits in the museum because they knew that soon they would get to go to a part of the museum where they could touch all they wanted to. I got them each a small souvenir.
Then I went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house to see their family and my grown up cousin was there with her new baby (BLISS!!!) and husband. So I got to meet him which was nice. Also my other teenage cousin was there. Then my other aunt and uncle came over to "hang out" too. It was really fun. The boys were a bit tired when we got back to my mom and dad's but not too bad.
I on the other hand am actually trembling right now. I hardly EVER drink coffee (caffeinated anyway) but I did get some before coming back to my mom and dad's house. I didn't want to be tired and cranky while I put the boys to bed. Well, I got home and got a second cup. Big mistake!!! I thought I had eaten enough to absorb it but apparently not. It only took an hour or so for my nerves to be ON EDGE (which is not good for a drama queen like me). I finally just put the kids to bed. I was quietly snapping at them for stupid stuff. I told them that I wasn't mad at them but the coffee was doing bad things to my body. When I laid down with them Judah said, "Mom I don't want you to drink coffee and be frustrated." Good point son. Anyway, I guess I will have to have a snack even though I try not to eat after 7 pm and it's nearly 10:00. sigh. All in all it was a very enjoyable day!!! Love and Blessings!- Angela :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST CHECKING
-adl

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun, I miss D.C. and all the free museums there. Catrina