Thursday, March 1, 2007

I'M LIVING MY DREAM!!!

Ok, not all my dreams, but one of my big ones...

Today at about 10:00am I looked around at my kids playing (gasp -nicely) in the living room with me. (We were pretending to cook using blocks as food and various containers as ovens. Then we would top our food with very strange things. Judah brought me a fish, apple, nut pie-LOL) There was lots of laughter and creativity plus we were enjoying being together. It was then that I realized that this was one of my dreams since I can remember. I've always wanted to be a wife and mother. I have been overwhelmed of late (the last 3 1/2 years) with all the training, discipline, cleaning, not many breaks, etc and have lost sight at times of the greatest gift God has given me since salvation- my family. It's good for me to take a moment each day (usually while I'm trying not to yell) and remember that I really do love being a mother most of the time. It's only when I get too caught up in all the "inconveniences" that I have a hard time. Now, mothers need sleep and breaks too and since I've had little of either for some years now I know that's where some of the frustration lies but I still have a choice each day whether to be grateful or frustrated. Today I made the right choice. My prayer is to make the right choice every day instead of the hit and miss lately.

Thank-you God for my fabulous family! They are truly a blessing!

Thank-you for the rain today that forced me to amuse my kids for hours so I could remember how much I love being with them.

(did I just say thank-you for the rain?? Wow I'm on a roll today! LOL )

-Blessings! - Angela :)

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Good for you!

I was at someone's house for dinner last night, and we were discussing how easy it is for a mommy to forget that there are truly lonely people in this world, with no family at all. Mommies hardly ever get to be alone, but really it's a good thing. When I am alone (say, in the van going to the store) it feels really freaky. I don't like it.

I'm so grateful to God for the gift of family.