Thursday, March 15, 2007

snowbabies

We woke up this morning to find that it had snowed again last night and was still snowing at dawn when we looked out the window. At first light we donned our winter attire and went out to play. It was still snowing so that was fun. We were out there about an hour. IT wasn't really "snowman snow" (you northerners will know what I'm talking about.) but we put some in little piles and "made" snowmen anyway. The kids had a blast and so did I. I brought Gideon out for about 5 minutes but he's just gotten over a cold so he didn't really play in it. I wanted him to be able to feel it. He enjoyed his few minutes out in the white world. We had to stay on the driveway because the yard was a muddy lake from all the rain yesterday. That's one of the reasons I was so surprised that it had snowed. It rained "cats and dogs" last night. The other reason I was so surprised was that we had a high of 69 degrees yesterday. So, yesterday we were out in long sleeved shirts and today we had on full winter attire. So funny. 69 yesterday- about 30-something degrees today. LOL I had forgotten the radical weather they get here in the "spring". I have had fun in the snow but I can't wait to get back to mid 70s next week. The snow is fun to play in but after we came in from playing I decided to drive up to Dunkin Doughnuts and get breakfast. I had to clean my car off and it didn't warm up enough to turn on the heat till I was almost there. That's when I remembered that I like to PLAY in the snow but not LIVE in it. LOL (laziness I know)

Today I asked Thomas what his favorite thing had been on our vacation. He replied,
"staying here"

me- staying at Nana and Papa's house you mean?

T- Yes.

Me- Well, what was one of your favorite things we did?

T- Nana, and Papa.


I laughed. He is so into relationships. They are very important to him. His answers were really precious.
I asked Judah the same question later.

Me- Judah, what was your favorite part of vacation?

J- Going out to eat!

Me- (laughing) You liked the sprinkle pancakes the best?

J- (eyes lighting up) -Yes!!!


Aaaahhhh, a child after my own heart.

p.s. Just for the record I liked staying here with my parents too.

LOL

BLESSINGS!! - Angela :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela -
Istarted reading this post and kept reading and reading - waiting for the joke. You see, I didn't realize you were in Ohio. I started wondering, "surely she does not believe there is snow out!" Sorry - it takes me awile sometimes! Hope you guys have a great remainder of your stay!
Mandi Ord

Tonya said...

Angela, I thought you were in Toccoa, posting this. I was going "How in the world did they get snow at her house and it's 60 degrees at my house" ROFL!!!

musicmommy3 said...

YOU guys are hilarious. I can see why you would be confused though if you'd skipped the post last week about our arrival in Ohio. LOL

Anonymous said...

Angela-
I read your post on 3/17. I pray you and the boys have a safe and non whiney (LOL)trip back to Georgia. I'm glad you were able to spend your mother's birthday with her and the rest of the family. I'm sure they all enjoyed having you there. I enjoyed all your stories of your adventures in Ohio.
I know what you mean about not living in snow country just visiting.
Mom/Grandma