Friday, March 9, 2007

WINTER PLAYLAND

Well the crazy lady is at it again. That would be me. Yesterday at 3:30 am the kids and I left for Ohio. We made great time- 14 hours. That's not bad with 3 kids 5 and under. They were GREAT travelers. Gideon was a bit fussy off and on but he is not a shrill baby so even when he's fussing it's not that irritating. Plus the boys just handed him food or toys. Judah made faces at him for a while- that was really cute.
We came here to surprise my mom for her 60th birthday tomorrow. My dad reads my blog religiously and prints it off for my mother. That's why I couldn't mention it here before we left. We were originally going to leave today but it's supposed to rain tomorrow and then warm up here next week (mid 40s) so the only chance to play in the snow was today. So...needless to say we left early. Michael couldn't come because of work. Pray for him this week. He's going to be stir-crazy. :):):)
Last night the kids saw icicles for the first time. They kept calling them bicycles. At one point Thomas decided to throw a fit and laid on the floor yelling- "I want a BICYCLE. I want a BICYCLE!!" What's a mother to do? I laughed until I nearly cried. My Grandma and I could hardly stop. I said, "Spoken like true Southerners-born and bred. They don't even know what they're called." I did see a fabulous sunset (my grandma lives about 50 feet from Lake Erie) over the frozen lake with snow on top that nearly took my breath away. Well it was either that or the fact that it was 18 degrees out. The boys were ready to come up here to my Mom and Dad's at 5:45am but I told them they had to wait till Nana went to work. We got here about 8:00am and were out in the snow by 9:30am. By then it had warmed up to 29 degrees. The sun was out so it was plenty warm with their snow pants on. We had a ball. I didn't bring Gideon out but Judah and Thomas and I threw snowballs, made snow angels, and tramped all through the yard for over an hour. The boys' favorite thing to do was for me to get icicles down from the roof and they took them and scooped up snow to eat with the icicle. Ok, ok I did it too. The snow brings out my kid side.
My mom was pleasantly surprised. She was glad we could stay for a week. I am going to take the boys to the natural history museum in Cleveland sometime next week so they can see the dinosaur bone exhibit. I'm looking forward to that. They are too. I hope this makes sense because I'm pretty tired. Hope that everyone has a great weekend!! BLESSINGS!! - Angela :)

No comments: