Saturday, April 14, 2007

LOL... at myself

subtitle: Things my kids never thought I'd say...

This morning I was cracking myself up. I was "running" around the kitchen making a glorious brunch (crustless tomato quiche, apple fritters, sausage, pineapple chunks, water, and orange juice) while my kids were being, well, boys. I told them to PLEASE be quiet so I could think. The quiche recipe was a new one. Finally I said, "please eat your breakfast and go upstairs and watch ANOTHER video. They said, "But Mom, we ALREADY watched one!" My response was something like, "So, watch another one." Then I realized that even they themselves were starting to be a bit self controlled about the T.V. like we've been teaching them so I quickly amended with, "or go play in the living room." They are now taking "showers" under chairs and blankets. They are so funny.

That's not even the best one of the morning. They were hungry at about 9am but I was going to serve brunch at about 11:00am (Michael went to pick up his Mom at Bill's house). They asked for more cereal and I said no. They said, "BUT MOM we're HUUUNGRY!!" To which I replied, "If you eat more cereal you won't have room for the doughnuts!" UH... DUH! Not the best Mommy thing I've ever said. They were shocked at that one too. Hopefully that will not come back to haunt me. LOL LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!!- Blessings!- Angela :)

No comments: