Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lighter Post

It seems a lot of our posts are heavy lately so I thought I'd do a fun one. :):):)

I got these out of the latest issue of Reader's Digest. I thought these were hysterical (or at least mildly humorous) so please enjoy...(I chose my top favorites to post here.)


STAND-UP COMICS' FUNNIEST ONE LINERS

I constantly walk into a room and I don't remember why. But for some reason, I think there's going to be a clue in the fridge.
-Caroline Rhea

Have you ever noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
- George Carlin

In high school, my sister went out with the captain of the chess team. My parents loved him. They figured that any guy that took hours to make a move was okay with them.
-Brian Kiley

So they're showing me, on television, the detergents getting out bloodstains. I mean, come on, you got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it. Maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem right now.
- Jerry Seinfeld

At what age do you tell a highway it's adopted? I think around seven because that's when they start wondering, "Hey, I don't look like the Kiwanis Club."
- Zach Galifianakis

I had a linguistics professor who said that it's man's ability to use language that makes him the dominate species. That may be, but I think there's one other thing: We aren't afraid of vacuum cleaners.
-Jeff Stilson

Why are women wearing perfumes that smell like flowers to attract men? Men don't like flowers. I wear a scent called "new car interior."
- Rita Rudner

You don't get married to get sex. Getting married to get sex is like buying a 747 to get free peanuts.
- Jeff Foxworthy

AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE...ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?....

Women don't want to hear what you think.Women want to hear what they think- in a deeper voice.
- Bill Cosby

6 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

I like the George Carlin one! Very funny

Catrina said...

lol. I like the Caroline Rhea, somehow I always think something has changed and I need to keep checking whats in there.

DeeAnn said...

Those were all good ones. Thanks!

Tonya said...

ROFL at all of them, but Bill Cosby was my favorite too.

Christy Fritz said...

thanks for the pick me up!!:)

keithandjennifer said...

Thanks for the laugh- I can't wait until Keith gets home. I am going out to the car right now to my spray "new car scent" out. I want to be ready for him when he gets home :)