Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful, thankful, holiday. There are many things that I am thankful for but, to be honest, I am trying to push away feelings of frustration over this accident thing. You see, this is the first year in 6 years that Michael would have been able to hang out more with us during the holiday season. In previous years it was business as usual and actually the amount of trash gets greater during this time due to parties and such. What happened in previous years was that Michael would only take off the day of the actual holiday and then have to work that Saturday to finish the routes for the week. Not only that but the fact that there is more trash makes the routes take a little longer. So, that made it more difficult too. Also, because he was so busy he really couldn't take the time to really relax because he was always thinking about what needed to be done. It has been so nice having a driver because, while my husband still works about 12 hours a day, it's now paperwork, and garbage can stuff; plus truck maintenance and such. He has been able to let go and relax a bit more and we have seen him a lot more. Now, it looks like he will be working through the end of the year on the route and not taking any time off in December, except the 25th. it's kind of hard not to feel gypped here. I know it's petty considering the fact that Richard is hurt for Thanksgiving, but we really value family time and for the 6 years before Richard we just didn't get a lot of it. The last 10 months have been really nice. Our family has spent some good quality time together. Now, things will be backing up that he just can't get to and that's really hard for him. However, there is nothing that can be done about it. :) So, I am trying to discourage negative thoughts and praise the Lord about the things I am grateful for....

For Jesus, who is our Saviour and so many other amazing things.

For our family

For our warm house and property that our kids can run on

For our health

That Richard walked away from the accident with "minor" injuries.

That Richard didn't hit another vehicle and kill anyone during the crisis.

That God really does care about the little things.

That God is totally in control of every situation.

That I can trust God to be Who He says He is.

I could go on and on and on about the goodness and Sovereignty of God.

I also have little physical blessings I am thankful for but they are too numerous to list here so I will mutter them to the Lord throughout today when I am tempted to be frustrated.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good,
His love endures forever."

4 comments:

Catrina said...

I so KNOW how feel, every year since Nate started his business the end of the year is his busiest. For one the govt. tends to dump and spend their money at the end of the year so contracts come up for bidding, and secondly he tends to travel a lot more during the fall thru earl Dec. It is friday after thanksgiving at my DH was out the door at 7:30 to go to work. He is leaving Sat for the entire week. I to am so grateful for the job that God has provided for us that allows for so much of the pleasures we have, but it does come with a price and sometimes it is hard not to feel bummed. You will find great peace with a thankful heart so you are on the right track, and don't forget to smile lots at your hubby, he needs a pick me up also.

DeeAnn said...

Paul's at the shop today (Fri.) after talking all day yesterday about how nice four days off will be. Oh, he just pulled in the driveway!

Anonymous said...

God is great God is God - We thank him for all his good. May we be able to continue to thank him thru out the coming years for all he does.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Anonymous said...

I thought I read my comment before publishing it but I missed one mistake. God is great God is Good.
Sorry God - you are good.