Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Whew!

I don't have time to write a long post tonight but I just wanted to ask all of you to keep us in your prayers for a bit longer. Things here are pretty stressful. Michael and I are trying to keep a good attitude but I must confess that it's downright difficult at times. Our children are also feeling the stress because not only is Daddy seeing them for less than a half hour a day Mommy is too busy with paperwork from the accident and has not spent hardly any time with them for a few days. I mean, I'm here but I'm usually telling them to leave me alone for "just a few more minutes". I feel badly about that and also we have children that need the utmost consistency. Any (and I do mean any) crack in the consistency means they will slide FAR back in obedience. Do you think I have been consistent in the last 10 days? Think again. I barely have enough energy to try to function let alone train. :):) it hasn't been all bad but it's been a bit discouraging the last few days to STILL be so distracted. I took a permanent break from doing work for the business when I had Gideon. I'm glad that I did and I cannot wait until all the paperwork has been filed. Whew! We also had to let our driver go because of the accident and that means Michael will be on the route for awhile. :(:(
It's really sad. Every morning one of the boys gets Gideon up and he comes down the stairs to nurse. After we are through snuggling he ALWAYS wants to find Michael. It's been over a week and he still asks every morning for Daddy. I practically cry. He gets super excited when he hears any big truck go down the street. DADDY DADDY!! sigh. I about cry then too. The other boys seem to remember what working Daddy life was like. I mean, when Richard was driving he still worked 12 hours a day but he tried to include them a little each day. :(
He has taken them with him in the truck during the last week but the boys still miss him here. I think it will be MUCH better when we can get back in the homeschool swing. I wanted to do that yest. but paperwork and computer probs called. Hopefully they will be silent tomorrow. Pray for peace and patience for us- Thanks!!

4 comments:

Jane said...

praying for you guys...helps me take my mind off the drama in my life this evening!

Christy Fritz said...

we will definitely be praying... and let me share this too...if i may be so bold:)LOL
your boys are awesome, they have loving hearts, they are wonderful helpers, and have the light of the world shining AT them and THROUGH them everyday when you just smile at eachother. (that's just my imagination talking...i'm not getting theological...:)
i think they know you are helping their daddy right now and even if they don't know it, probably really respect you alot for it.. you ARE training them in the midst of this... you are showing them how to respond in christ to a crisis.. and that is a foundational lesson more important that most.
just rest in knowing what a great mom god has made and remind them that your are a team... if there's anything i've learned about your family by reading this blog, it's that you are definitely one awesome team!!!:)
love ya!!

Elspeth said...

Hang in there. Things will get better, and I will pray for you guys. I don't know much, but I do know this: every situation has an ending point. keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

We all continue to pray for you guys. Stay strong in faith.