Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Meme-Tagged by Terry




Favorite Person outside of family?
I cannot answer this question. I have several friends who would fit that bill and I'm not just choosing one. :) You'll just have to assume it's YOU.

Favorite food?
Any breakfast food (except the nitrite laden meats), pizza, ice cream. :)

Quirks about me?
Where do I even begin?.. I'm a bit of a germ freak. I don't like people's feet near me but kids' feet are fine even though they tend to be MUCH dirtier. See It doesn't line up with the germ freak thing. Weird.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less?
The apple of His eye.

Any regrets in life? So many I wouldn’t know where to start. I try to focus on growing in Christ and not beating myself up over the mistakes I make/have made. I acknowledge them...just cannot dwell on them or I will be consumed with guilt.

Favorite Charity/Cause?
Anything to do with African children. I also have great respect for World Vision.

Favorite Blog Right Now?
I would answer this if they had categories:
Funniest family stories: Tonya; best homemaking advice: Terry; etc.
I will have to say that Tia is a great read because she challenges me to think outside the box and I like to think outside the box. I like to remember that God isn't in this pretty little package we like to picture Him in. He's wild, alive, fascinating, awesome, powerful, loving and good. Tia reminds me to look at God and Christianity and other things in all different kinds of ways.

Something you can’t get enough of? Good worship time

Worst job you’ve ever had? Picking strawberries in the hot sun for 4 hours a day.

What job would you pay NOT to have?
Cleaning chicken poop out of chicken houses before the next shipment. YUCK!!!!

If you could be a fly on the wall, where?
Oh, soooo many places. I would like to hear what people REALLY think/say about me when I'm not around. I know some people would rather be ignorant but I've been hurt so many times by people who claimed to be my friends that I still like to know. :)

Favorite Bible verse right now? Hebrews 13:5

Guilty Pleasure?
Ice cream

Got Any Confessions? Not that I'm sharing on a non-private blog. :)

If you had $1000 to spend on yourself, how would you spend it? VACATION for our family probably. If not that then, books, clothes...hmmm that's a tough one. (not because I cannot think of what I would buy myself but because it would be hard to narrow down)

Favorite thing about your house?
Size and layout

Least favorite thing about your house? SIX bathrooms!! Who in their right mind?!...

One thing you are bad at? Being patient

One thing you are good at?
Music

If you could change one thing about your circumstances, what would it be? Less Satanic attacks

Who would you like to meet someday? Peter (from the Bible)

What makes you feel sexy? HA! Like I'm really going to answer that!! My DAD reads my blog.

Who is your real life hero? Jesus

What is the hardest part of your job?
I’m a mom, so I wouldn’t know where to begin. First, to live a life consistent with what I “preach”.

When are you most relaxed? in the hottest bath you can imagine, with a glass of ice water and a good book

When are you most stressed out? When my kids are completely out of control or when Michael is mad at me.

What can you not live without? Oxygen

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article saying that blogs are authored by narcissists? Maybe some. I think that there are people who have other reasons for blogging though. For me it's easier/less time consuming to write one "letter" to all family and friends and post it than to type multiple emails. Also, you get to "talk" to others from completely different situations/circumstances/states/countries and you can learn a lot from different perspectives.

Why do you blog? I answered that in the last question. Also, I like to connect with the Body of Christ and I can meet new people this way from all walks of life. It's really fun. I also want people to see that a real Christian doesn't have it "all together" but we struggle and fall and get back up and continue to grow.


Okay, now I tag 2 newish bloggers: Ashley and Carlos

I tag 2 bloggy friends: Tia and April

Bloggers you'd like to know better: Whomever wants to do this. Some people really like these kinds of things. If you accept the meme then leave a comment please so I can read yours. :)

Blessings everyone!!
-Angela :)

1 comment:

Elspeth said...

The foot thing is indeed quirky! And you're right, none of us can live without oxygen, can we? Such a simple answer. Maybe I overthought the question!

Thanks for playing along, Angela.