Friday, September 19, 2008

Judah's First Tackle Football Game!!

Judah and Thomas both played flag football together last year. This year Judah moved up to contact ball. :) He is the SMALLEST one on his team. His age bracket is 6-8 year olds. Judah is one of four 6 year olds on his team. He has had to learn the game better because we don't get cable and he hasn't grown up watching it. We just play backyard ball and there aren't enough of us to have "positions". lol

Thomas is still playing flag football and he is one of the tallest on his team.

They both really like the game and it's nice to see them do something athletic, burn off energy, and meet some new people for a small amount of time every week where Mom and Dad are RIGHT THERE watching and listening. :)

Plus, we can call it PE. Yeah!!

Here are the pics I took tonight! Enjoy!!



Ready for his first game and being a good sport about Mommy taking his picture. :)

Judah is the one in the center.


See how the 8 year olds on his team just TOWER over him? LOL
He still contributes though. He's a tough guy!

He spent lots of time on the bench.


But they *mostly* enjoyed watching the game together.
Judah is #80 and he's going to finally get to PLAY!! YEAH!!!

You can see the here in the next few pics. I placed it directly over his head.




Well, except for this one which I placed directly under his feet.

Back to over the head.



Doesn't he look so grown up? Have a mentioned how much I LOVE football?!
And there was SO MUCH to love about this game tonight. Here's our star runner on the team, #24- running for another touchdown. :)




The scoreboard at halftime. :)
My adorable son Thomas. He is on the Tigers and his first game is next Thursday. He's really excited!!


Gideon enjoyed being held by Daddy and eating boiled peanuts.
Two little girls enjoyed playing with my long hair during the second half. It was so sweet. One was around 3 and the other wasn't much over 1 1/2. SO CUTE!! Another little girl plopped herself down next to me for a hug and a tickle. She kept pointing to my flowered skirt.





It is a sad moment when Daddy leaves me with Mommy. I see her all day!!

WE WON!!!! 28-0!!



It was lots of fun!! Gotta get some rest tonight.

Blessings!- Angela :)



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH goodness woman you're cracking me up! With your "here"s - "here's a here, there's a here, everwhere a here here" :D

Sorry, I'll behave. :)

You wore a flowered skirt to a football game? I'm so proud!

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!

Roni

Anonymous said...

He looks like such a little man!

My wee girlie loves to play with my hair. It's a benefit of finally having a girl in the castle.

Man, you must be tough to be a football mom. I don't think i could watch my boys play that one.

Mari

Andie said...

Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Football! We love football too! :)

Are you sure some of those kids aren't 10? They are huge! But it looks like your little man has no fear. Way to go Judah!

Jane said...

that one boys is BIG!!! hope he slows down, or makes tons of money in the NFL some day!
love the photo of your little man turned looking at you.
and...might I say I am wishing I was with you with those little girls!!! look at those BRAIDS!!!

thank you sooooo much for your phone calls. you rock!!

how's your dad? still praying

Julie said...

How fun! I love all the pictures.

Christy Fritz said...

what a great post.
awesome pictures and fun family time.
i'll have to get some nerve to be able to let caleb on the field.:)
good job mom!!! :)

christy

Anonymous said...

Great photos and looks like you all had an awesome time! Judah is a trooper - looks like he holds his own with all those big kids!

Miss ya!
Amy

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Your kids are so handsome!
Lynn
Homeschoolblogger.com/linkmama

Mothertomanyblessings said...

I was laughing so hard at your commentating. Here,here,here. Sounds like you all had a good day and wow at the score. I haven't gotten to read blogs in forever , it was nice reading yours first. I always love to read about you and your kids.

Anonymous said...

When are you gonna blog again?