Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Continuing Saga

I wrote this yesterday-

Y'all know that last week was terrible for us. Well, I thought this week would be better. However, this is day three that our dog, Rowdy will not eat. He is a working farm dog an the one that is the best with the animals.

He ate a VERY small amount yesterday. Today, 2 small biscuits. Normally this dog should consume about 4 cups of food a day.

PLEASE pray that God will heal him.

We spent an astronomical amount (to me anyway) at the vet last week with the dying alpaca, the dogs, etc. I really DON'T want to take him in.

The girl alpacas are supposed to be delievered today. Please pray that that goes well also. Delight needs to be NOT stressed about the move, as much as possible.
Destiny should be just fine.

Gotta go. It's NUTS here and I don't do this much stress very well. sigh.

Here is today's update-

He wouldn't eat more than a bite or 2 of anything. :( :(

We took him to the vet at 9:00am this morning. We were there for over an hour. (with all three young boys and a 95 pound dog who was sick. It wasn't that fun.)

He threw up on my foot on the way out of the pasture. I had to lift him into the van (thank goodness I'm strong). He vomited about 3-4 times in the van on the way over. sigh. Thank goodness for bleach. Oh, and I DID have a blanket down but he had moved that and then threw up. sigh.
Most of it did get on the blanket, thankfully.

The vet noticed that he had also had some diarrhea. Poor guy!! The stool sample was negative for most things.

They kept him overnight. They gave him fluids all afternoon as he was still refusing to eat. He is a very emotional dog. I WISH we were there to love him and comfort him. He is our best work dog.

I told the vet that I had tried to force feed him. The vet chuckled and said that Pyrenees will NOT be force fed. I laughed and said something like, "No kidding!"

HOPEFULLY we will pick him up tomorrow. We have to take samples of the alpaca's poop anyway to make sure that they have been cleared of worms.

I was a bit upset when the vet said he wanted to keep him. We just spent a bunch of money last week. SIGH. Such is life on a farm I guess.

Thanks for your continuing prayers. Thomas is upset that his puppy is not here tonight. Michael is upset because we can put Cygwyn (other work dog) near the alpacas but not in the fence because he will stress Delight. He is too bouncy and excited. Too much stress will cause an alpaca to lose a baby. :(

Someone thinks they saw a Bobcat walking down our driveway about 10 days ago. Lovely. There was a message on our business line. It was a night where the dogs were barking like CRAZY!!

I'm rambling. Sorry. That's all folks. Thanks again for caring and praying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers! I hope everything works out and your puppy has a speedy recovery. Sounds like you are all going though so much. Wish I was there to give you a big ole' BFF hug.

Hang in there!
Amy