Saturday, February 3, 2007

Busy, busy, busy

Yesterday was such a crazy day that I didn't get a chance to blog. I had to clean all the bathrooms in the main house (weekly chore and if you're counting that's 5 bathrooms) and then we had to do our food shopping for the month. The boys did pretty good at the store yest. I was somewhat surprised since we were having a challenging day at home. They were great little helpers in the checkout line. They helped unload the cart and then handed me the bags to out back into the cart (I mean carts). Then we went home and I brought in the bags, set them on the kitchen floor and the boys unloaded everything from the bags while I put it away. We have a nice little system going that works quite well. (plus it keeps them from destroying more of the house while I work in the kitchen putting things away) We celebrated selling our house at dinner last night. A bottle of Martinelli's sparkling apple juice, frozen pizzas, breaded mushrooms, and little artichoke parmesean appetizers i found at Walmart while we were shopping. Michael and I didn't get to go out and celebrate like we planned because of the closing date being changed and also because of the pinkeye. (which looks good today so we will finish this round of new and much more expensive antbiotics)
Anyway, after dinner Michael went down to his office to finish some work and I nursed the baby and put him to bed. Then Michael played ROAR with the kids while I cleaned up and then we all played Alphabet Bingo. I had introduced that yesterday during school. IT's great because they can recognize letters and we also go over the sounds. It seems to work for all learning types. Visual can see the letters, audio can hear the letters, and kinestetic can place the penny on top of the correct letters. We also did a little number craft yesterday that was fun. I got it off the internet. We made a little number 1 man. The boys enjoyed that too.
Today is kind of a BLAH day. Michael did let me sleep in LATE> 9:30am. For those of you who think that's still early. It's about 4 hours longer than I normally get; so, to me, it's still a lot. :):):)
Better run. Someone needs me in the bathroom and i need to redirect the other one. BLESSINGS!

3 comments:

Susannah said...

Sounds like a fun day! You have such sweet little helpers. :) They will grow up to be fine young men.

Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the homeschooling. Way to go, mama!

I took all six of mine to Costco the other day and they were pretty good. I showed my 10yo how to plan a menu, write a shopping list, and get cash from the ATM machine. I doubt she could do it on her own, but just call it an intro. :)

Tonya said...

Hey Angela:) I can't remember if I commented yet to say thanks for sending me your blog addy. I checked it the other day when you sent it, but I don't think I had time to post a comment. It sounds like you guys are doing great:):):). I'll be checking in on you.
Hugs!
~T

Chad said...

Hey sis! Just wanted to let you know I've been enjoying reading about your adventures in parenting (and doctoring). I'll keep checking your blog to see what's happening. Love you, Chad. :)