Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What a day!

I was awakened much too early by a happy baby. I was relieved that his squealing also woke up Judah who amused him while I napped in the living room for a while. At some point Thomas got up too and kept alternating between playing and snuggling with me on the Foof chair. Judah was busy with his computer game. It's called Fish Tycoon. It's a "real time" game which means that the fish get hungry and grow while you're not playing. This can be a problem if you are forgetful which is certainly not the case with Judah. He's almost obsessed with this game. It's actually a great game. It teaches good life skills. You own a fish store and you breed fish and make money. You are supposed to discover the 7 "magic" fish but we just tell them that they are the 7 special fish since we don't endorse magic in this house. (not the scorcery kind anyway) Anyway, you have to strategize so you can buy more expensive tanks that can hold more fragile hybrids. It's also fun to see what different hybrids you can come up with in the game. I have already won the game and Judah was REALLY fascinated with how many "COOL" fish you can get once you get the most expensive tank. He saved his money up (on the game) and finally got the best tank. He is well on his way to winning. He has discovered 3 of the seven special fish ALL by himself!! Amazing.
Anyway after offering him some helpful suggestions we ate breakfast and exercised. Then Gideon took a nap and the boys sat on the couch reading books while I cleaned the bathrooms and showered. It sounds like such a smooth morning doesn't it. HAH! What I'm leaving out (besides all the correcting and training) are things like: Gideon pulling a full bowl of oatmeal off the table which caused it to break and make a HUGE mess.
Changing diapers, picking up messes from destructo child, redirecting, redirecting, redirecting, (just during this brief typing I've had to stop about 8 times) pausing during bathroom cleaning because both boys had to go to the bathroom and one needed help. LOL LOL You see why I call this web site a glimpse into our crazy and chaotic world??
It's ok. I really do love being a Mommy and some days (months...years) are busier than others.
After all the chaos it was nice to sit down and do a little school this morning. We just did a craft and a circle paper. I was wondering what to do with all the extra cotton balls we bought during the pinkeye nightmare. Then I realized the boys never got to make real snowmen and, like me, they love snowmen. So, We cut out white circles for the body, an orange triangle for the nose, black circles for the eyes and smile, and brown rectangles for the arms. Also boots. We glued cotton balls to the white circles and assembled all the rest. They turned out really cute and it was a great hands on shape lesson.
Now I guess I'd better run! The boys want me to kiss them goodnight. They are going down for a nap. Gideon is fussing ot get out of his high chair where he has been for 1 1/2 hours. (he had to sit there while we did school. We gave him toys and he was happy to watch) BLESSINGS!-ADL

This is the 3rd day of

No comments: