Monday, March 19, 2007

We're Baaaaack!!

Well the trip home went well. I only had one very insane moment. They were again excellent travelers. :):):)
We did have about 8 hours of snow so that was rough. Many times in the first 4 hours (and a few in the next 2) I couldn't see the road. I could however feel the presence of God and I knew that people were praying for me.
I have recently been under a huge cloud of condemnation and even though I know that there "is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" my feelings haven't gone in the direction of the truth. Anyway, at dawn the Lord spoke to me in a very powerful way and it was like the condemnation just fell off me. It was amazing. I was listening to worship music and worshiping and talking with the Lord and the worship leader took a break to insert scripture and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. There was even a verse about waiting for the Lord "more than watchmen wait for the morning". I could relate to that because I was desperately waiting for the sun to come up. I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before. I went to bed at 11:00 pm and Gideon woke up at 12:00am. I put him back in bed at 12:15 and then fell back asleep only to wake up to him throwing up all over himself and the bed at 12:30am. After I stripped his bed and him I had to bathe him and go out in the snow to get a change of clothes out of the van for him. I think I went back to sleep sometime right after 1:00am and then my alarm went off at 3:00am. So, needless to say, dawn was wonderful the next morning. We drove out of the snow into sunny weather and I smiled. (a lot) I called my mom from North Carolina and told her that I had entered the "promised land". She laughed. We did the trip in about 14 hours which was EXCELLENT considering the amount of time we lost in the snow in the beginning. We had to go about 25-35 miles per hour for the first hour and then only about 45-50 for the hour after that. Those of you who know my traveling style can assume that i was going NUTS inside. I was actually ok - but I attribute that COMPLETELY to the Lord and those of you who prayed for us.
Michael was really glad to see us and vice versa. Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed with an infection. I did get out of bed last night to go to church because I had to sing for special music. While I was singing I really felt the presence of the Lord and noticed afterward that my strength had returned. It was totally God. I even stayed after the service and talked with several people. Before I went, every little move cost me energy; but after church I had lots of it. I even stopped by a friend's house to drop something off and sat and talked with her for a while.
God gave me another little gift last night via a couple in our church. I stopped by Walmart to buy some flowers for a friend. I was standing in line behind this sweet couple and she said, "I hope those are for you. You did a great job tonight." I told her they were for a friend and then I told her about how my boys are always trying to get me to buy flowers for myself. She asked me how much the flowers were and when I told her she pulled that much out of her wallet and said, "Go buy some for yourself." I almost cried. I love flowers and I haven't had any for a while. I bought some red tulips and they are beautiful. My boys loved them too.
Thank-you Lord for precious saints that love to bless others. Thank-you for traveling mercies, patience, and SUNSHINE!! Thank-you that the boys and I got to enjoy the snow. You are indeed a FABULOUS God who cares about us.
Blessings to everyone!- Angela :)

No comments: