Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let's Bring Back Feminism

oops...did I say feminism...I meant femininity!!

I want to be feminine!! I want to glory in how God created me. Does this mean that I am giving up my tomboy ways for good? No way! Not all of them anyway but I am striving to be more feminine these days.
Maybe it's overcompensation for all the testosterone in this household. heeheehee
I'm not sure, but I know that I want to show my boys that being a feminine woman is a GOOD thing.
I don't wear skirts all the time. I only wear makeup about 2% of the time.
BUT I do brush my hair- LOL and it occasionally has flowers in it. Or, um weeds-dandelions-that my boys bring to me and insist that I "put them in my hair".
I was very glad that skorts came back this year. I was wanting more skirts but I like shorts under them and that was going to be expensive. So, I was happy to purchase skorts. :):) I feel more feminine in those but still able to play football with my boys. Ok, so I'm not completely feminine. There is a rough and tumble, warrior woman inside of me. That is another way God made me.
Another Godly feminine trait is living in submission to your husband's authority. That's one I continually learn. It's been difficult considering what a strong, stubborn woman I am but I'm getting better.
My boys also like me to be feminine. Occasionally they will go into my closet and "pick" something for me to wear. Inevitably it will be the only floral, pink, dressy thing that I own. It's quite something. :):):)
Being feminine doesn't mean being a wimpy doormat or playing dumb like some woman do. The Proverbs 31 woman (you know the one we all "hate" -LOL) was certainly not a doormat. She was feminine and a hard worker. :):)
I'm glad to be a girl!!
Let's start a feminine movement! :):)
Good-night!
Angela :)

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

I took Emily to the dremitology dept at the toccoa clinic. She had to get a referral for her pediatrician first. Peter Gray was the doctor who removed it.

Christy Fritz said...

please give us a call and we can meet you in the city so you can have a nice pit stop on the way home if you need one. it'd be great to see you.:)

704 707 4021

FREE shakespeare on the green is this weekend too :)josh and i are going alone tonight to see if it is kid friendly... we may do a repeat sat night with the kids.