Monday, June 18, 2007

Non Functional Beauty

This will be quick because I'm still wiped out from the flu thing here.



I was thinking today as I vacuumed the boys' room that they have a really great room; nicely decorated, beautiful wood beds, nice looking dressers...but none of it is functional. Judah's clothes are in a huge pile beside the dresser and Thomas' are in a huge pile under Judah's bed. That is because their dressers are not expensive ones and the bottoms of the drawers are falling apart. Therefore, they are unable to put their clothes in the dressers. Their beds go un slept in every night (they either sleep in the guest room, in our bed [while WE sleep in the guest room] or on our bedroom floor because their mattresses are so cheaply made (they came with the beds) that they hurt their backs.

I don't want to be like their room. I don't want to only look good on the outside as a Christian but be worthless below the surface. I want to have depth. I want to be able to do the work of the kingdom and not just "look good on the surface".



Blessings!- Angela :)

4 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

I hear that Angela. It's human nature to fix the surfacey stuff first-but it's not real or lasting if the inside is not dealt with. I'm with ya sister. :)

Jane said...

Well said sister! You have given me lots to pray about.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture posted June 17 with the boys on your trip.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture posted June 17 of the boys on their trip.