Saturday, September 15, 2007

Y'all Come Back Now Ya' Hear!

Well, this is the last post for about 2 weeks. I was trying to think of something meaningful to say. Something profound to leave y'all with...but all I could think of was, "Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear!" Isn't that inspiring?! ROFL



No, seriously I have a great story from this evening.



I cannot give full details at this time but I will in the near future. :):)



I have been having a hard time working through something. I have been worried and anxious and terrified and panicky....etc. etc. etc. (Don't worry. It's nothing serious. If I told you what it was y'all would probably laugh. BUT it was something that I was REALLY struggling with.) Since I know the Bible tells us NOT to be anxious about ANYTHING "but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. " (Philippians 3:6-7) I was really trying to give it over to the Lord. In fact I was BEGGING God to help me change my attitude in regards to the situation. It was really overwhelming.

Today was particularly hard and I emailed a friend and asked her to pray. I explained what was going on. She replied that she would and would continue to pray throughout the evening tonight.

Well, at about 8:33pm something came over me. (or, more correctly Someone) I was just standing there thinking about the situation and instead of feeling panic or dread (which is what I had been previously experiencing) I just started to feel excited and the thought was whispered to me..."I am going on an adventure!" WOW! Talk about a WONDERFUL way to look at it. It was such a beautiful, quiet moment that I stood there in awe for a few seconds and then got down on my knees to thank God for hearing my prayers and the prayers of my friend. I could just feel them; ya know what I mean? :):) All this thankfulness started overflowing from my heart and out my mouth. It was great. I have been at peace ever since. :):) God REALLY REALLY is so VERY VERY GOOD!!! Thank-you again Lord for showing Yourself to me and for answering prayers. We truly do serve a very REAL God who DOES answer our prayers. Amazing!



Goodnight. See y'all soon.



Love, Angela :)

edited to add:
This is EVEN BETTER...
I was about to sign off and looked over at my new sidebar item "Daily Snippets From The Word" ( I hadn't read the verse for the day yet.)
This is what today's verse was:
The Lord hath heard my supplication, the Lord will receive my prayer. (Psalm 6:9)

IS GOD COOL OR WHAT?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool, the more I see what he does and who He is. I stand in awe of him.

Jane said...

Don't you just love how much He loves us!?!?!?!

Is "this" anything that we would want to rejoice in with you??? I always get excited when people post/say things like this...makes my creative mind work overtime!

I'm so happy for you that you found your joy in the shoes you are wearing today!

Jane said...

okay....it's been two weeks... you need to come back!