Friday, October 5, 2007

BOOK IT!

Judah's rainbow colored fish. This is how he likes to color most of his pictures. I think it's beautiful!!!





For those of you who are wondering what the Book It program is and how to enroll (and for those of you who didn't particularly care-LOL) here's the scoop...or the slice...heehee




Pizza Hut has a great reading incentive program that has been used in the public schools for YEARS. You read a certain amount of books or minutes per month (amount set by teacher) and if the student completes their required monthly amount of reading they get a coupon for a free personal pan pizza. I remember that my mom used to drive me and my brother 15-20 minutes away (depending on traffic) to get our award pizza. We really lived in the sticks. :):) I used to get SO excited about getting my own personal pan pizza. (Till I got old enough to still be hungry afterwards-LOL) It was a really special reward for me and since I read WAY above the limit when I was a child I always got my monthly pizza.




Anyway, Catrina asked me how homeschoolers could do it too. I found out a few years ago we were now eligible so I signed my boys up this year.


Here's how you do it...








2. Click on enrollment and follow the easy directions.




You should receive your packet in the mail shortly.




They also have so great reproducibles on their website. I printed off a calendar that has a leaf on it for every day in October and when they get their required reading done they get to color the corresponding leaf.




The pizza doesn't cost anything and you can get it to go. What a great deal huh?






oops...I just clicked on the info and it looks like the 2007 registration is over. It started October 1st.




Well, all you homeschool moms can still check out the program and can send away for info for next year's program.






Today was a VERY light and fun homeschool day. The boys colored 2 pics. One was a very easy Teepee pic and one was a much more detailed American Indian pic.




They use the best colors. Judah likes to make his "rainbow" colored.




No comments: