Thursday, October 4, 2007

Still Kickin'!

We are still dealing with jet lag here but other than that things are pretty normal. :)
The house is a little cluttered but that's because I've been trying to relax and not stress too much. At least it's reasonably clean. LOL

We have done school every day this week (although it's been a bit brief) and we unpacked and went monthly shopping. So, I consider this week a success. :) We made a "dugout canoe" out of a loaf of french bread this m0rning. We have been studying Native Americans in history and the boys enjoyed the little project. We also started the Book It Pizza Hut program. I am REALLY EXCITED about that. I did it when I was in school so I'm glad that they still do it and also that they have opened it up to homeschoolers. I printed off a calender that they can color in every day the accomplish their required reading. I set it at 15 minutes for each of them. I am mostly reading to Thomas but Judah is reading to me. I love listening to him read (although the jet lag has made it challenging). He is not picking the easiest books. I like that. He reads what he can, sounds out new words, and I help him with the really tough words. Plus, I get to cuddle with them for 15 more minutes a day. LOL Actually they really could count it for 30 minutes. They stay and listen to each other. Neither one wants to be left out of any reading time at our house. Gideon doesn't sit still to be read to. He likes when I hook him up (to nurse) while we are doing our reading but usually I ask him to go play because I want to snuggle exclusively with the big boys...who are growing bigger by the day.
Well, gotta run. Have a great day!
- Angela :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Judah likes to read. Thank you Judah for reading to me when you were here. Thomas you will become a great reader too. I'm glad you boys stay to listen to each other. What a great way to spend quality time with Mommy.

Catrina said...

Where can you sign up for the book it program, my kids did it at Ebenezer and loved it, but I didn't know homeschoolers could do it.