Monday, October 8, 2007

Completely Random Information

2 quick leftover stories from our California trip.



Michael and I went to the hot tub (in Mom's gated community) while Judah and Thomas were napping one day. (Michael's mom stayed home with them.) We took Gideon with us and he sat in the stroller while we soaked for a bit. He wasn't completely happy about not being in the water but he was a sport for a little while. OK, so we get in the water and Michael is all excited about the temp and the jets. He said it was one of the best hot tubs he'd ever been in. The temp was nice but while I was talking to him I discovered something that meant MUCH more to me... the acoustics in the room were the BEST I'd ever heard, even in a concert hall. Oh thy were AWESOME!! I "treated" Michael to a solo performance of Pie (that's pEEAA) Jesu from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Requiem. (I did that solo my senior year of high school) I don't do that much classical singing anymore. Anyway, Michael actually liked it. I sang other things too but that song was the BEST in that little echoing room. Oh, and the jets and temp, they were nice too. :):)



Darn! What was number 2...Oh well, maybe tomorrow.



In other news I got to MOW THE LAWN TODAY!!!! Well, part of it anyway! I actually like to mow the lawn for several reasons; #1- It's GREAT exercise, especially on the hills. (uh, I use a push mower. ) #2- I love the smell of freshly cut grass. #3- I love to watch my boys sit/stand in awe of me as I operate a loud "tool". #4- I enjoy the finished product. #5- It's GREAT exercise. It's been awhile since I got to do it because Michael really likes to do it and not just do it but do it THOROUGHLY!! (weed eat, edge, blow the grass off the driveway when you're through, the whole nine yards) He bought a zero turn when we moved here last year. He enjoys it. I, on the other hand, am NOT ALLOWED to use the zero turn. If anyone wants to know why I'll be happy to share why. It's pretty funny. So, I decided to get out the push mower and mow the grass that's closest to the house. (we have at least 2 acres of grass. The rest is woods.) While I was mowing Michael came out and got on his toy, oops, I mean the riding mower and helped out. Now, mind you, I usually try NOT to run over anything with the mower but when I saw the baseball I didn't want to stop to move it, I was on a hill, and I figured that it would go over it anyway because I was cutting on setting 3. OOPS. Not only did it hit it but it got caught, half sliced, on the blade of the mower and the engine cut off. I got the ball off OK with a little work but when I restarted it there was the terrible sound of metal hitting metal. YIKES. Michael was none too pleased. HE came over to take a look. He got a sledge hammer and fixed the metal. I told him what happened. He was pretty upset. I apologized and he told me not to run over anything, "NOT even a piece of PAPER!" (direct quote) before going back to his mowing. The kids were watching the whole exchange and since we are working on their respect with us I tried to say as little as possible. I was trying to appear humble, etc. :):) After Michael walked away Thomas, who was sipping on his water next to me, looks over at me and says,

"It's OK Mommy. It was just an accident."

I replied, "Yes, I saw the ball but I didn't think it would hurt the mower."

Thomas takes a sip of his water, looks back at me and says, "You don't need a spanking mom. You're big now." I almost LOST it!!!! ROFL. I think Michael may have disagreed with him had he been in the vicinity. LOL Anyway, nothing else traumatic happened. I got a great workout. Oh, wait ..Judah did get something in his eye while Michael was blowing the grass off the drive. Whatever it was scratched is eye and for those of you who've had that happen to them you know HOW MUCH it hurts! It hurts to be in bright light, to open your eye, and it FEELS like there is something in it even though there isn't. Please pray for him. He has a football game tomorrow night that he DESPERATELY wants to play in. Pray that God heals him QUICKLY.

Gotta get some sleep.

Blessings!- Angela :)

2 comments:

DeeAnn said...

I like to mow the lawn, too. Especially if I feel like I'm taking a burden off Paul's shoulders since he has so many other things to do.

Andie said...

I remember Pie Jesu!!! Loved it, Ang!!! I sooo miss singing...do you ever watch any old videos or listen to old Concert Choir tapes or anything?