Sunday, October 7, 2007

I Had a Clever Title...

but I have forgotten what it was. sigh.

This weekend we accomplished these things:

1. Michael got a canopy put up over one of the storage doors in the back that will hopefully help keep out rainwater. (the boys "helped" him with that)

2. We worked A LOT on respect with our boys. We knew we had some probs in this area and have been working on them but we had to step everything up about 3 notches. Hopefully, with consistency, we should see some drastic changes soon; quicker obedience, less back-talk, etc.

3. We made it to Sunday School. We were shooting for church but we were having a training session with Thomas at that time. :):):)

4. We went fishing as a family tonight. That was fun except that the fish weren't biting. I usually don't like to fish when nothing is happening but I spent the time watching the boys enjoy themselves, looking around at God's beautiful creation, breathing the fresh air, watching my sexy husband fish, etc. So, I had a good time despite the disappointing fishing.

5. We got the house remotely straightened in preparation for the week.

6. The kids did their Book It reading both yest and today. Yeah!

And, that's about all folks.

Funny little story about the fishing time...
You know that fake "tan in a bottle" stuff. The stuff that turns your skin orangish? My feet look like that only I haven't used the fake tan cream.
The lake is about 8 feet down. So, that means, it has pulled quite a bit away from the shoreline. We were fishing near the edge but the sand/mud was soft in places. We were trying to stand on the firm stuff but Thomas yelled to me that his pole was in the water. Of course I took off running to help him, lost a shoe in the mud, sunk down 1- 1 1/2 feet as I was running to help him, and managed to cut my foot on a shell or something at that time. Turns out, his pole wasn't in the water but his line was tangled around a tree root and he couldn't get it out. I guess he meant that his LINE was in the water and he couldn't get it out. LOL Anyway, my feet are stained from the red clay/sand/mud I sunk down in. Lovely. I would get a pic but I'll spare you the details. You'll just have to imagine it. The cut didn't end up being any big deal.

Gotta get some sleep.

I'll write more this week. Blessings everyone!!- Angela :)

1 comment:

DeeAnn said...

You reminded me of another annoying thing. I, too, was asked once in WalMart if all my kids have the same daddy. Nolan had red hair when he was born and that was before Adam and Emily started looking like bro/sis. What's most ironic is that most strangers comment that Adam looks most like me, and he's the one that's not really mine. I don't understand why people feel like they have to say anything at all about who the kids like or how many there are. Just ring up my pruchases, please. I guess I'm not friendly with strangers so I don't expect them to be either.