Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Last Game

The boys had their last game of the season last night. They both tried really hard during the game. The other team was really on top of things though so our team didn't have a chance. Judah took about 2 steps and got surrounded by the other team. Most of the other boys had the same thing happen to them. Thomas did get a break away and went for a touchdown. He missed it by 10-20 yards though. He is the second smallest boy on our team so it was great to see him get such great yardage. I think the small thing worked to his advantage. They couldn't tell who had the ball until Thomas busted through the line and took off down the field.

We went out to dinner after the game. We just went to Quincey's but we had a great time. Eating out is not always relaxing because of the boys but last night was surprisingly pleasant. Nobody had to leave the table. They all ate well. Gideon didn't fuss. It was very nice. The boys like when we eat at buffets because they can pick which food they want. Plus, there is an ice cream machine so they try to eat pretty decently. :):)

Today was a horrible day but I won't lament about it tonight. I'm just glad it's OVER! PMS! (truly) Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse (really) Gideon found a bottle of Clorox Clean-up I forgot to put away and turned it over in my bedroom. The carpet was already an offwhite so the bleach stain wasn't such a big deal. I was horrified when I saw what he was doing and that he had ruined one of the only outfits that fits him well right now; but I was REALLY horrified when he pointed to his mouth like he had drank some. I smelled his mouth. He had. Probably not much from the looks of the saturated carpet but I did call the poison control people. They said not to worry unless he developed sores around his mouth or vomited unnaturally. (they said a little was normal) All night he acted fine and drank milk (poison control suggestion) and ate some so apparently he didn't burn his esophagus. sigh. Thankfully they are all in bed now- TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY! Goodnight everyone! Blessings!- Angela :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Gideon is ok. Kids - you just can't know what they'll do next or what they will get into next. Much as you try to keep every thing out of their reach or put it away as soon as your done with it something else goes on that distracts your attention . Been there - done that.

musicmommy3 said...

Thanks Mom. I have to laugh at the things Michael and his brothers did. No matter what our "creative" children try I can still say- "well at least they haven't set fire to anything yet." - Well, I can say that for now anyway. Thanks for the encouragement.