Monday, October 29, 2007

BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!

Sorry, that it's been over a week since my last post. Things have been a bit busy here; plus we all have colds. :( It's not really a bad cold overall so I really can't complain. It just makes things move a little slower.
Here's a short recap pf what we have been up to, besides all the housecleaning and regular stuff. Saturday October 20th we had a family outside work day. We put mulch around some trees, spread wood chips under the kids' playground, and some other things I didn't help with. I'm not sure what else they did after I went inside with Gid. Sunday (th 21st) we went to church and then hung out. It was a really nice family weekend. Mon-Friday was a little rough. I don't know what it is. I am in the typical homeschool slump. I have the homeschool blahs. So, we did a couple of fall crafts last week. We gave history a break for a few weeks (I kept overlooking it.-oops) but we will be putting it back in this week. It will work out ok I think. We are about to start learning about the Pilgrims so that will coincide nicely with Thanksgiving. I am hoping to write a SUPER SHORT skit for them to do for Daddy one night close to thanksgiving. One of them can be the Indian and one can be a pilgrim. We are also going to do some leaf gathering in the next couple weeks. We have several crafts we can do with leaves. Every year I find fall more and more fun. I think it's the things the boys and I can do together that makes me appreciate it even more. Anyway, back to our update. So, last week was a blah week in the homeschool dept. but we did manage to get the housework done so that was good. Last Wednesday evening (as I was stepping into the shower before church) a pipe broke near the well. We had no water. I took the boys to church and went over to Walmart to buy about 6 gallons of water. The plumber was supposed to show up Thurs. AM but you never know so I wanted to be prepared. He did show up Thurs morning but he just glued the pipe and about 6 hours later (when I was about to step into a much needed shower) it broke again. SIGH. Michael took a look at it and fixed it for us- and it's held ever since. YEAH! Good man! This past weekend was another family oriented weekend. (We really love those. They don't always happen because of the business.) We went to the Martin fall festival. I almost finished my Christmas shopping there so that was GREAT! The boys had a great time and so did we. After the festival we took a drive up to the Cleveland/Helen area to see the trees. They aren't as pretty this year but we're so far behind on water I didn't expect them to be. It was still a nice drive. We got out at the Smithgall Woods Conservation place and did a 1.6 mile hike. That was really nice. Then we headed back home and had dinner and cake. Judah won a cake at the cakewalk they had at the festival. He was really excited about that! Really excited!!Yesterday we skipped church because of the colds and tried to rest, as much as you can with 3 young boys. LOL I made some homemade potato cheese soup for dinner. YUM YUM!!
Today is going pretty well. We had leftover bread pudding I made last night for breakfast, then we did English. We will do some read aloud later this afternoon. We started taking the wallpaper down in the dining room. All the boys helped. They had a blast. I am now removing the glue part but it's slow because some IDIOT didn't prime the drywall before hanging the wallpaper. Grrrr. Oh well. I figure I'll do a little bit every day this week and maybe next Monday I can start painting. Yeah!!
Gotta go get some laundry put in the washer. Have a wonderful week. :):)
Blessings!- Angela :)

No comments: