Tuesday, October 2, 2007

QUESTIONS

I was reading a post by a friend and LAUGHING tonight. this is a part of her post...

The reasons I do not have children
Current mood: annoyed

I will never answer this question again. The following are the basic reasons, and I do not want any further investigations into the matter. Do not try to deduce anything beyond or underlying these reasons. They simply are what they are. I am not hiding anything, or implying anything. This is all that you need to know. I should know, as I would be the person into whose privacy you are prying. Without further prelude, here they are:
1. I have never been pregnant.
2. I have never looked into adoption.

Now stop asking.Love,Me

I laughed and laughed and laughed. I laughed because I have been asked some really rude things since I started having children. I no longer ask this question of people unless I know them well because I have known too many people who had/have a difficult time TTC.

This got me to thinking...

What is the most rude/ annoying question you have ever been asked?

These are some of mine...

When you're 9 1/2 months pregnant the LAST question you want to hear is "Have you had that baby yet?" This is usually asked by a person who is standing next to you and can see for themselves that you haven't been delivered yet. :) What I wanted to say back was something like, "Yes, moron, but I loved this look so much that I decided to buy a pregnant suit and wear it full time!!!" LOL

The most annoying question I am asked on a regular basis is this: Are you going to try for a girl?

My response is usually this (said with a smile), "No, we didn't try for girls with these three either. We tried for a baby."


Your turn. :):):)

6 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

The most annoying question I am asked is: "So, if you're going to have children, why are going to school?"

Real nice, right? :)

Catrina said...

You know me, every ? I ask is inappropriate. I just have a hard time remembering that not everyone is an open book. I never (so far) get annoyed by any ?.

DeeAnn said...

Yes, the first thing I did was try to scan my brain for all the questions that Catrina has asked me. Does my hubby have ADHD, or why do my kids have no butt when I have plenty. Those are more funny than annoying. The question that is annoying to me is when am I going to send the kids to REAL school. I also get irritated when people comment about us having too many kids. They never ask. They just force their opinion on me and assume that I agree that I have too many kids. Especially family members.

Tonya said...

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. People ask me if Lyra speaks english sometimes. That makes me laugh though.

I get asked "are they all yours?" and I've even been asked (by someone from my pre-baby days) if I was babysitting. That was funny too. I love watching the face of the asker when I say "they're all mine".

OH! I know the annoying question I get asked. This one really does annoy me. "You were going to make sure you got a girl one way or another weren't you?" If I'm feeling talkative when someone says that, I launch into the whole story starting 10 years ago and set them straight. I hope Lyra never thinks we adopted her just so we could have a girl. And I hope my boys never think we had "too many" boys or that we were worried that we might have another boy if we "tried again". UGH! In truth, I worried that I wouldn't love Lyra as much because she was a girl and I am just so crazy about little boys. But that was a dumb worry because she is my darling and I love her every bit as much as I do her brothers. Anyway, this is too long.

Hugs!
T

musicmommy3 said...

Eek DeeAnn. The part about the too many kiddos thing.

I can't believe that someone compared your butt to your kids' butts. AAUUUGGHH! That WOULD NOT have been funny to me. That would have SCARRED me for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!
It probably didn't bother you since you know you're skinny.

Tonya, you're such a NUT! I can't believe you were worried about that. I love you.

Catrina, do you meant to tell me that even the question, "Do all your boys have the same fahter?" asked by a stranger in the grocery store didn't even annoy you?
You're a saint. I knew it. Either that or, well I don't know...:):):)

Jane said...

I tend to hear the opposite of Tia... if you guys can't have children, when are you going to go to work?

Ah... my husband has a good job, provides for our daily and future needs, and I spend MANY days a month in other's homes tending to their sick children, or the other children while mom takes the sick one to the doctor. Or caring for other's children when the babysitter goes on vacation, have Nikita for 6 weeks out of the year. Or in the car pool line when their car breaks down or they have to stay late at work. providing child care for parents that are on mission trips.

I get to spend 27 weeks with my husband a year....ah...no I don't think I will be going to work any time soon!

I work, just don't get a paycheck with my name on it and don't have to be up at 7 am m-f that keeps me from participating in church volunteering because I'm exhausted...trying to pay for all the stuff that I have to clean or pay someone else to clean.....

The simpler life IS so much better and easier.

Oh and fixing meals for friends when they are sick, in the hospital or just need a little of Jesus on a plate for their family. Now THAT is better then any job I could dream of.

God has not called me to a job. He has called me to make a difference in the lives of others, in very unpopular ways. (and you thought you stay at home mom's had if rough... being a stay at home wife gets me all kinds of labels too)