Friday, November 16, 2007

Blogger "Awards"

OK, first of all I haven't won any blogger awards nor am I going to pass any on- because I haven't won any. LOL What I do want to do is to say a little bit about each person on my blogrole.

Before doing that I would like to mention that I am very selective about who I put on my blogrole. These ladies on my sidebar are women I admire, women who challenge me, and women who like to have fun. :) I know all but three of them IRL. The three I don't know in real life are women I have come to admire/respect in the blogworld.

OK, enough...On to the "awards". I am going to do this in order as they appear on the blogrole. :)



April- This women is a female pastor with a husband and two small-adorable- children. Her writings come from a sincere, hilarious heart. She pursues God and godly motherhood. Getting to read about her journey has been a blessing. She continually challenges me in my own parenting.



Catrina- I know Cat in real life. She is a very honest woman who speaks from her heart. She is a great example of how to role with the punches that life brings her way and get up glorifying God (even when it's through clenched teeth). They (she and Nate) have 3 wonderful boys. They are currently adopting a little girl from Haiti. Keep them in your prayers.



Christy- I also know Christy IRL but have gotten to know her better through blogworld. I am blessed by her fresh perspectives, her incredible desire to be like Jesus, her honesty, and her parenting. She has 3 fabulous children and teaches a couple others out of her home as well. A beautiful example of a humble woman on a journey in humility and godliness.



DeeAnn- Another sister who I have gotten to know better in blogworld even though I knew her IRL. DeeAnn is hilarious. She continually pursues holiness and her heart is certainly an example to me. :) She is wonderful bio Mommy to 3 (soon to be four) and a wonderful stepmother to 1. She is a homeschool Mom who is doing a great job. Always a pleasure.



Jane-Jane- This lady I don't know IRL but I truly wish I did. She is a fireball for Jesus. She is content where God has her in this season. She is continually looking for ways to serve others, especially moms, and her heart is in a mad pursuit for a deeper relationship with Jesus. Her life challenges me to reach for new heights. I love reading her stuff.



Lea- Another lady I don't know IRL but have enjoyed "getting to know" through this crazy "other world". They adopted 2 sweet little boys from Russia last year and are SUPER SUPER parents. She obviously loves God and ADORES her children. She inspires me in my own parenting. I love reading journeys of new parents and hers is a great one.



Renee- This woman is AMAZING. I have known her for years and is one of the greatest friends I have ever had. They are missionaries in Mongolia and while they don't update their blog very frequently what they do write about is worth reading. She just had her fourth daughter. Keep them in your prayers. They are awesome servants of Jesus.



Susannah- I met Susannah at Grace Covenant Fellowship. Most of our conversations occurred in the nursing mother's room. Since I had 3 children in 3 1/2 years and she has a child every couple years we got to know each other as we nursed. She has a heart of gold yet is very savvy in her thinking and writing. Continually challenges me in so many areas. I enjoy reading her immensely because it moves so quickly from humility to wit. What a woman. She is about to have her 7th child by the way and that's nothing to sneeze at either.



Terry- This woman I found recently and she just made my blogrole. :) She is an amazing believer who is constantly thinking and walking out what it means to pursue God and live a holy life. Most times I read her posts I think, "When did I write that?" Her thoughts mirror mine so often it's unreal. She is worth the read folks. You will enjoy her.



Tia- How can I describe Tia? Another IRL friend who I have been extremely blessed to get to know in blogworld. She is an amazing thinker, an intimate pursuer of Jesus, a woman who desires TRUTH, a woman who thinks outside the box and continually challenges herself and others with her thoughts. I used to not enjoy being friends with someone I didn't pretty much agree with about most things. (that was me being insecure) Tia has helped me change that. She and I don't always hold to the same opinions about things but I firmly believe in her integrity and I truly do enjoy a good loving debate done with respect. She is always worth the read and will challenge you to ABANDON IMAGE!



Tonya- Well (chuckle chuckle)...I probably don't even need to cover her because most of you probably found me through her blog. LOL She is infamous for her love for her family, her God, and life. She is a breath of fresh air and when stepping into her blogworld you will find a very down-home hospitable setting. I alternate between intense jealous of her and great admiration of her. LOL I have known her for years and her genuineness comes out in what she writes. Passionate pursuer of Jesus and a great woman to call friend.



Well there you have it. Thanks ladies for enriching my life through your writings. I am proud to share a Saviour with you and proud to call you my sisters.

Blessings to everyone!

-Angela :)

7 comments:

Tia Lynn said...

So sweet. I enjoy your blog-because I got to know a little bit about your life and views and you've brought up some very interesting topics of discussion with oodles of grace. :)

Christy Fritz said...

you are very kind and thoughtful.
glad we've become closer through this weird internet world.:)
i love reading your thoughts, and appreciate your example of patience in listening to the spirit give you wisdom.

Jane said...

wow....I never knew. Really, I'm not worthy of all that, but our Jesus is. I pray that He is pleased with my blog and my attempts to encourage others and while He opens their hearts to His leadings.

And isn't it amazing how I could say the same about you. I love your honesty (especially when you posted about needing to get sick and the boys bathroom..lol!)
You encourage me to (even without children in our home) be a better encourager to parents I know.
You make parenting and homeschooling look so doable and effortless.
You, my sister, are a HUGE encouragement to me, as a wife and daughter of God's!

Elspeth said...

Thank you for the kind words. Isn't it interesting how much we have in common with people we don't even know? I enjoy reading you also. You have a wonderful way of exloring topics and covering all the bases. Who knows? We may yet meet. I just left Georgia and am there a couple of times a year visiting family. Who knows what God has in store for the future? Thanks, again.

Lea said...

Wow, thanks for the kind words. That is so sweet and such a nice surprise. I enjoy reading your thoughtful words and hearing about your homeschooling efforts too. The blog world can be such a blessing, although I tend to spend too much of my very limited free time reading blogs:).

Catrina said...

Thanks Angela, I accidentially erased you off my sidebar and have now just got you back up. It was a pleasant surprise to see how you view everyone, very touching. I'm learning to live life more unclenched these days.lol

Tonya said...

Hey that was really nice! what a great idea:):):). I love you too!