Thursday, November 15, 2007

Interesting

Thomas and I were talking yesterday and this is the gist of the conversation...(Thomas is my 4 year old)

T- Can we ask Cameron to come over and play today?

Me- No honey. Not today. Maybe we can ask him over soon.

T- No, I want him to come todaaay. (Not whining just dragging out to emphasize his point.)

M- He can't come today honey because his Mommy's at work.

T- Why? (Completely confused that a Mommy would go to work.)

M- Because they have to do things a little differently at his house.

T- Can his Daddy bring him over?

M- His Daddy is at work too.

T- (With big eyes) Where is Cameron?

M- He's in daycare.

T- (totally confused at the word. Has apparently never heard it before.) But, who keeps Cameron safe?


I explained daycare a little to him and assured him that someone was taking care of Cameron.

I just thought his choice of words was interesting. "Who keeps cameron safe?"

I'm glad that he associates us being home with him as us keeping him safe. I'm glad he feels safe here with us.


We didn't do much homeschool yesterday (unless you count the 4 hours we were outside as gym class-haha) but we did do a turkey leaf craft. We will finish it today. It's this one .http://www.dltk-holidays.com/thanksgiving/mleafturkey.htm It was so nice to be outside in the beautiful, slightly warm, fall air yest. I was telling the kids that though reading, writing, math, etc. is important that sometimes it's equally important to just enjoy God's creation and praise Him for it.
Have a wonderful day today! Blessings!- Angela :)

No comments: