Friday, November 2, 2007

VERY Creative Writing


One of my kids' assignments for school today was to look at the picture above (just tilt your head for the correct view. I'm short on time today. heehee) and write a story about what you think is happening in the picture.
I did both boys separately. I didn't want either boy's story influencing the other. I am going to post them here because they are so funny- especially Judah's. Keep in mind that they told me the story and I wrote it down. The only thing I changed was a little grammar and occasionally asked them to look at the picture and make sure they covered all the things that were going on. Here are their stories...
Thomas' story:
The big pumpkin was going sour. So she got a little pumpkin. The dog wants to eat the big pumpkin because he likes pumpkin; but he eats dog food because he's a dog. Then the girl put Puppy away in his fence. Then she picked up her pumpkins and put them in her home. Then she slept.
THE END
Judah's story:
The girl is picking up pumpkins because they are ready. She put the pumpkins in the house because she wanted to make pumpkin pie. After her pumpkin pie she took a bath.
The dog played with the girl and he wanted to bite the big pumpkin because he was hungry. His face got all yucky because there was a worm in his mouth. (He ate too much pumpkin and ate the leaf. The worm was on the leaf and he got it in his mouth.) The worm bit the dog's mouth inside. A squirrel opened the dog's mouth and got inside but the dog choked on the squirrel. The girl took the dog to the doctor and the doctor got the squirrel out. After that they bought a rocket and blasted off into outer space to look at things. THE END.
We read them to Daddy and laughed and laughed. What great minds they have. :):)

We also talked about why leaves change color in the fall. Then they each did their 15 minutes of reading. (Well, Thomas didn't read the whole time. He read some of that with my help and then I read to him.)

Gotta go. The roughhousing is getting a little rough. :) Have a great weekend everyone.
Blessings!- Angela :)

6 comments:

Lea said...

Very creative and funny!

Anonymous said...

Love it! :) Thanks for the laugh! Have a great weekend!

-Amy

Elspeth said...

Cute stories! You have imaginative and creative boys.

Anonymous said...

VERY CREATIVE BOYS, LOVE YOUR STORIES.

Catrina said...

Ang, I deleted your number by mistake, if you still need me just give me a call again. Sorry about not calling you back

Dianna said...

Kids are so amazing. Sometimes I can hardly believe that they go from helpless babies, to this, to fully functioning adults. Keep up the good work!