Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Is It A Bad Dream?

I seriously feel like I MUST be in a bad dream and just cannot wake up. Y'all know about our driver's accident in November. Well, FINALLY we got the settlement this week. Hopefully we will have a new backup truck in a few weeks. (although I've learned not to hold my breath in this business) Meanwhile, last week our current backup truck (and only vehicle with a cart tipper and garbage packer) went down. Transmission went out. AAUUGGHH! (truck is a 2007 so at least it's under warranty) So, my poor husband had to pull out all the trash by hand and throw it into the dump truck with a cage on it. It took MUCH longer and was physically more draining. THEN, the truck he borrowed from a friend didn't work yest and he had to do the dump truck thing again. This morning, he went to go down the road with the dump truck and it started sputtering and wouldn't work right...this is where we both started thinking that we MUST be asleep and surely we would wake up soon. He wondered if it had been tampered with because the mirrors were in the wrong places. hhhmmm...
Anyway, he then drove about 2 1/2 hours round trip to pick up a rental and started the route 4 hours late today. sigh. We got back today and instead of being able to really see him we hung around here and wondered when he would get home. It was 9:00pm when he showed up. The kids were excited.
Anyway, as if all this weren't bad enough PLEASE pray that he doesn't get any cuts or needle sticks while he is pulling trash out of the cans by hand. (yes, he wears thick gloves but they could be punctured if something stuck him hard enough.) He said he's more worried about getting attacked in the dark by a possum. They have hidden in garbage cans before. EW EW EEEWWWW. Anyway, pray for peace, patience, and wisdom.
thanks. Hopefully you guys will understand if I can't post as much for a bit.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I don't know...but if I worked in the garbage industry, I think I WOULD hold my breath a bunch! hehe...sometimes ya gotta laugh or you will go crazy!

Seriously...I'm praying for you guys!

musicmommy3 said...

Ha Ha!! Picture me throwing a wadded up piece of paper at you. :P

I like to laugh too. Thanks!!

DeeAnn said...

Emily noticed on Monday that he was driving a different truck. We were wondering what was going on. Em and I have been reading the Little House Series together in the afternoons when everyone else is napping. We are now on Little Town on the Prarie which I think is my favorite. Especially after Long Winter. I was reading that with her as I was reading both Corrie ten Boom books and I'm suprised I'm not totally depressed. Makes you thankful for food and hot water. I also wanted to tell you that I was also really thankful that I read Bait of Satan. Good one.