Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shopping

You know the old saying that you shouldn't go to the grocery store when you're hungry because you're more likely to impulse buy. I learned something this morning....

I cannot go to the store on a morning it's possibly going to snow. Michael will be through working hopefully at noon and I anticipated us all hanging out and enjoying the weather today. I grabbed Gideon this morning and took him to Walmart with me to do the weekly perishable shopping. I almost bought cinnamon rolls because I could just picture us eating them as we watched the snow. (Decided to make my own- too many preservatives) I wanted to buy chips because that would be a treat. Didn't buy the chips but I did buy some pistachios that were $5.00 off. :):) All of us love them. I also bought English muffins and also fixins to make great nachos tonight. A cracker dip was, I think, the last impulse buy. We had some leftover money so I don't go over budget but I thought it was funny how I just kept thinking "wouldn't that be nice to eat while we watch the snow?" Like we'd even have enough room in our stomachs to eat all the food that crossed my eye. I bypassed many other tempting choices.

On the way home I was breathing a sigh of relief that I had gotten all the bathrooms cleaned yest and now the shopping done. That meant I'd have all day to relax and have fun with my family. I arrived home to find Thomas sitting in my bed with vomit all over his hair and shirt. (and my bed) sigh.
Poor kid. He's miserable. So now i have 3 loads of laundry to do today.That's a pain but at least I'll probably get to hold Thomas more.
Hope that everyone has a great weekend!
Blessings- Angela :)

6 comments:

DeeAnn said...

Poor thing. I hope you all don't get it. Who was watching the other kids while you were gone and Michael was working?

I have been wishing all morning that I had cleaned bathrooms yesterday. I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and I swear this baby has dropped. I look way less pregnant than I did a month ago. It's also easier to breathe but harder to walk. So I packed my suitcase just in case and I'm about to do the last of the dishes, but I think the bathrooms are going to have to wait.

musicmommy3 said...

Michael watchd them till I got back and then he left to deliver garbage cans. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww - I hope Thomas is feeling better!

Amy

Elspeth said...

Hope your little guy feels better today!

Tonya said...

I am actually a much better grocery shopper when I am hungry, believe it or not. I pass too many things up when I am full because I think "we don't need that" when later on in the week, I realize it would have been nice to have around. My heart (or stomach) isn't in it. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late with this comment but I was going to ask the same as Deeann - who was watching the other 2 boys - Then I read your ans. I do hope Thomas is feeling better.

Card Grandma