Friday, February 22, 2008

Children's Perception Is AMAZING

I LOOOOVE talking to children. (children who aren't whining that is-LOL) I love hearing things from their perspective. They are often so innocently perceptive and I learn vast amounts from them. I especially like hearing things from my homeschooled kids thoughts because, other than church a few hours a week, they have no other peer interaction. That's not to say that I intend or ever intended it to be this way but we DO live out in the country and Michael and I aren't close to any other families with young children because there simply isn't time. :) So, anyway, when I ask my kids a question they are not going to answer like children who are exposed to intense peer pressure or trained to "fit into a mold" in society. They answer as who God made them to be and who they are in personality. Now, I will admit that Thomas is more swayed by others and will sometimes answer to please Judah but he's really getting better in that area. After many many discussions about being who God made HIM to be and not trying to be like Judah it seems he is starting to get it.
SOOO, ANYWAY, yesterday, I was doing Science and Social Studies with just Thomas while Judah laid on the couch with a fever. We were studying the forming of America in Social Studies and we were specifically studying the Mayflower Compact. (For those of you who have forgotten that was the laws that were made by the pilgrims in Plymouth. They used them to govern their new country.)
One of the oral questions I was supposed to ask him was this: What would happen if we didn't have any laws in our country?
Thomas thought for a minute and replied, "People wouldn't be very nice to each other."

You're right Thomas. They wouldn't. :)

I LOOOOVE KIDS!!!!

1 comment:

Lea said...

That is so cute...and so true!