Thursday, February 7, 2008

Read Before Viewing the Following

This should be the last political post for awhile unless John McCain gets the nomination and then I may mention something. So, Lea, April, and all you McCain supporters, rest assured, I am not going to turn this into a bash McCain blog. This is the last for awhile. But I did want to bring out a few things about his "conservative voting record" that I thought were important.

Here's the deal. I don't like either Hilary or Barak's platforms either. Both, I believe, hold views and ideas that are dangerous for our country in the freedom areas. I'm not even going to go into which ones. However, those who are claiming that John McCain is the conservative choice for our country are, IMO, wrong. He's consistently gone against conservativism for a long time. I think I stopped liking him around the "gang of 14" time. He was instrumental in stopping/holding up Bush's nominees for judges. He has flip flopped on the border fence issue. He says he has, and I quote, "always been for tax cuts" yet voted against the Bush tax cuts "for the wealthy" and I have seen him undermine Bush in many positions. Once, I saw an interview with him after one of the State of the Union addresses in which he pretty much bashed Bush. That's when the rest of my respect for him went away. Now, I'm not saying that he has to agree with everything Bush says, or does. I don't. But, I think there is an honor in respecting your leader. You can disagree with someone without sounding so disrespectful. Some of his voting record, abortion for instance, is good. However, I wouldn't consider him pro-life because he supports embryonic stem cell research. He claims to be tough on terror but then flops on the border issue. There are terrorists coming into our country through Mexico. We HAVE to close the borders. Lately, he says he will... do I believe him?... I don't know. He said at one point that he would support us keeping troops in Iraq for 100 years. sigh. He says that he is against big spending which is good. Very good. I'll have to check out the background on that one.


When I look at John McCain I, personally, see a man who is in this for mostly personal gain. I think John McCain is in it for John McCain.



If you agree with him on amnesty, closing Gitmo, not "torturing" people (which I happen to agree with at the moment), maybe closing the border, tax cuts or not, taking up resisence in Iraq, global warming, then please vote for him. Just don't call him a conservative...because, in the majority of issues, he's not.



He has even undermined the First Amendment in the McCain Feingold thing.


He was recently critisized, even by liberal media, for what he did in Florida. One day before the 30 day "no advertisment for candidates" he advertised a lie about Romney. Romney then had no means to refute the lie by advertising. He had to do it by word of mouth. Is this the character of someone I want running the highest office in the land- no.


Other than Hilary's horrible "universal healthcare and universal pre-k" ideas; McCain, Clinton, and Obama are pretty much on the same voting plane- minus abortion.


He is not a conservative.

For those who are all caught up on the "war hero" thing...

Yes, he served our country. Yes he should be applauded for what he went through. Yes I respect that part immensly. BUT that doesn't qualify him to lead our troops or our country any more than an Employee of the Month is automatically qualified to lead a store or become a district manager.

Just remember this:OK, I'm done. I think. All you McCain supporters can now breath a sigh of relief after you watch the following videos.



Y'all have a good day!!

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Wow, Angela! Tell us what you really think! I have some real problem with John McCain as well. Truthfully, I don't know how I'll vote because I don't really like any of the remaining candidates- well I like Mike Huckabee but after Tuesday's results it's ahrd to see how he can get by McCain. We can hope I guess. I thought this was a good post simply because we need to see all sides of the candidates-not just what the media wants us to see. I wonder if anyone will ever dig deeply into Obama's positions or if we will continue to hear more about his charisma, articulateness, and commanding presence. Is that enough to be commander-in-chief?

keithandjennifer said...

Great job Angela!!! I agree 100% about McCain.... If he gets the Rep. ticket.... I don't know if I will vote.