Sunday, March 16, 2008

Garlic, Garlic, and MORE Garlic

Well. our house smells like an Italian eatery or a huge plate of shrimp scampi. I can't decide which. The kids were complaining that their ears hurt so we started the garlic oil in the ears. All three of them. You can only imagine. Thank goodness I like garlic. Thomas has not complained of pain for 24 hrs now. One day of garlicking works WONDERS on an ear infection.
Judah asked if he could eat the garlic gel tabs. I said, "Yeah, that's what they're for." I got busy changing a yucky diaper and when I turned around I told him to stop eating. It looked like he had eaten about 3. When I opened the bottle this morning to get some out I realized he had eaten A LOT! Thankfully garlic won't kill you but at 17.00 a bottle it just about did me in. LOL We still have plenty for this go around and since it doesn't compromise your immune system like antibiotics do I was SO HAPPY to use it...even if it does smell like lasagna all day. :):) Maybe that's what we should have for dinner tomorrow night. At least it would go with the scent in the house. It may even enhance the taste of the dish. LOL
Gotta go to bed. (as if you couldn't tell) :):):)

Blessings Everyone!-
Angela

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elspeth said...

I had no idea that garlic oil relieves ear infections. I really do learn alot in blog world! Hope everyone is feeling better.

musicmommy3 said...

Garlic really is an amazing thing. When you start feeling sick chew a few cloves of fresh garlic (like my husband) or make some fresh salsa with about 3 cloves of garlic in it (like me) and eat. :)

Garlic can kill bacteria. It's great for strep throat, ear infections, etc, etc, etc.

God really did know what He was doing when He created our food sources.

Research it for yourself. It's awesome!!

DeeAnn said...

Yeah!!! I love garlic. I just put a clove right in their ears. Just make sure it doesn't get nicked when you peel it because it could burn. Lily will eat it raw if I cut it up and put it in jelly or honey. She actually asks for it when she's sick because she knows it works so well.

Lea said...

Wow, that's great to know!