Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Wasn't Holding Out- Promise :)

For those of you who think I was holding out about Bargain Foods...
The reason I didn't post about it before was because the first time I went it was confusing, overwhelming, exhausting, irritating, etc. The whole yard sale experience was difficult for me and I couldn't have imagined wanting to go back with my kids in tow for ANYTHING! BUT, all last month I kept thinking about how much money I had saved and I wanted to give it another shot. I'm SO GLAD that I did. Really enjoyed it this time. I guess I just knew what to expect this time around and that helped. I'm used to buying pretty much the same groceries every month and making our meals from that. BUT, at this store you have to go with a totally open mind and plan meals later from what you bought. There are certainly things there that are laden with the artificial stuff we try to avoid but this time there was more of an organic selection. It varies all the time.

ANYWAY, for those who are interested. IF you are traveling on the 85 north from Toccoa/Anderson you take the Pelzer exit,(it's somewhere near exit 30) turn right, drive for a bit of a ways and Bargain Foods will be on your left after you go through a "town" section. :):):)

If you go there leave a comment or email me and tell me if you enjoyed it. :):):)

Tonya, I just might get that grocery bill down after all. :)

5 comments:

Andie said...

I'm envious of you going shopping at a store with such great prices!! I tend to stick with Aldi, but they don't carry everything I need so it can be tricky. Sounds like an adventure every time you go :-)

Mothertomanyblessings said...

I may have to try that sometime. Sounds like I may need to leave the little ones home which will make it difficult but I may give it a try.

Elspeth said...

Good luck on getting your grocery bill down, punchy friend.:-)

Of course, every time I think I've got my food bill under control, milk goes up ($4.29/gallon down here), and the price to drive to the store ($3.15 gas) makes it more and more difficult. maybe I need to find a bargain grocry store.

April said...

Hey, I sent you an email or two last night -- to your alltel account. Just in case you don't check regularly.

Tonya said...

I wish we had a place like that around here! I would be home free!