Monday, March 24, 2008

My AMAZING six year old

Okay so Judah turned 6 over a month ago and I am STILL going to post about this monumental birthday but not tonight. Tonight I am going to share a story he wrote this afternoon. I was nursing Gideon to sleep for his nap, Judah was playing on the floor next to us, and Thomas was off with Michael doing a hauling job, when Judah turned to me and said, "Let's make up a story together mom." I thought he wanted to do one of those continuing stories we do sometimes where you start and then stop and the other person takes over and you switch back and forth. That's not exactly what he wanted. :):) I put Gideon to sleep and told Judah that I was going to type out our story. The "our" is a bit incorrect. He really wrote the story. The only things I contributed were: a bit of grammar correction (not all of the grammar was corrected, only the glaringly irritating ones), prompting to sequence properly if he gave info that was confusing, and a little bit of rewording. :)

So here it is: Judah's latest story with a Title and everything. Keep in mind that this story would have been longer if I hadn't started to have migraine symptoms and needed to get away from the computer for awhile. :)


THE RAT AND ALEX

Once upon a time there was a little boy named Alex. He had a rope and a cowboy hat. The rope was to catch a dolphin.
He went fishing with the rope but he was worried because if he caught a whale he'd be eaten.
He caught a whale and he was in there 100 days. When he tried to get out he saw a friend. The friend was a rat. The rat said, “I want you to punch the mouth.” The rat also said, “ When you punch him I want you to bite it too.”
The boy said, “I won't because he will get mad at me and swallow me down his throat!”
So the rat punched and bit the whale's mouth. The whale's mouth opened but the whale shut it too quickly for them to get out. So the rat punched him two times and bit him 2 times and the whale opened his mouth and this time it stayed open. The boy and the rat got out of the whale but when the rat got out he realized he couldn't swim and he was going to drown. Alex saved the rat and he swam up and the whale wanted to blow them up because they were on top of the whale's blow hole and the whale blew the water up and they were on a path back home.
On the path they saw a sign that showed Alex the way home but the sign said that Alex's Mommy and Daddy were on a trip and he had to make lunch by himself. He got home and he made a very tiny egg sandwich for the rat and a big one for himself. After the rat had eaten all his sandwich he was still hungry. He asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So the boy made both of them a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
When they were done they were all full and they went to play outside. They were playing basketball. Alex was lifting the rat up to shoot because he couldn't reach the basket.
When it was nighttime Alex made a little bed for the rat. He put the rat's bed on top of his bed so they could be together but the rat was scared. He said, “Alex! I want you to cuddle me up cuz I'm scared!”
Alex replied, “When you go to sleep I will cuddle you up because you are scared.”

When it was morning they got up to play and dance. They put on a song and danced and danced but they got too tired. They played on Alex's computer to save up energy but the rat couldn't reach the keyboard. So Alex put the rat up next to the keyboard. The rat tried to play a game. He clicked the arrow. He was playing a moose game. The moose in the game had to find all the computers. There were 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 computers to find. They won!
When they finished the game it was nighttime and the rat wanted to play outside. They were playing in the dark with the snow. It had snowed while they were playing the computer. They got too cold and went inside to play. They played trucks, cars, and bulldozers. When they were done they decided to eat. After their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches they decided to count to 20. Alex's parents came home after they finished counting to 20. They loved on Alex's parents. His parents liked the rat cuz the rat rat was speaking nicely to them. They said the rat could stay.

The End.

7 comments:

April said...

Such sweetness, Angela. What a thoughtful boy!

Elspeth said...

Childhood is wonderful, isn't it? Your boy is not only creative, but so sweet and imaginative that he can picture being friends with a rat. Good job, Judah!

Andie said...

Very cute, LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I loved your story Judah. What an inagination.
Card Grandma

Ashley Dumas said...

Hey Angela,

Speaking of your amazing 6 year old, your husband did some work for my parents this week. Your husband had Judah along and it really made my parent's day. My mom said that he was so cute and helpful to his Dad and that she and my Dad were SUPER pleased with your husband and son's hard work. Just thought I would pass that along. My Mom and Dad LOVE kids and it was so nice for them to see a Dad and son working together!

Have a great day,

Ash

Grammy Dianne said...

Angela, I'm Ashley's Mom and I wanted to let you guys know where to order some more work gloves (if you're interested.The place I ordered no longer carry them.) So we googled the info and came up with envirosafetyproducts.com. Product #1570. Also they had some kids safety goggles. Just FYI. (I really don't work for the company:)
Ashley's comment was right on target, Judah and his Dad make quite a team. Thanks again Mike and Judah for all the hard work.

Mrs. Ott

musicmommy3 said...

Ashley and Mrs. Ott,
Thanks so much for your encouraging comments. They blessed me and Michael tremendously. :)