Tuesday, April 8, 2008

AND THE WINNER is....

At 10:57am yesterday. I received the winning email. WOW! Less than an hour and a half from posting the contest!! The winner is... the talented, the lovely, the spunky...DRUMROLL PLEASE (okay okay I am getting a bit carried away-heehee)...And your winner ladies and gentlemen is-

APRIL MCSTEW!!!!

YEAH APRIL!! You got it correct. This woman is amazing...She has a heart for her home, is a pastor of a church, has 2 small lovely children, and yet, still knows the internet acronyms.

She is the April on my sidebar. Always an interesting read.

Congrats April!!

Here is the decoded letter:
Hello Everyone,
(HIG) How is it going?
I feel like I am (AATK) Always at the keyboard and that (ADN) Any day now I will get a life. However, (ATM) At the moment all I can think about is getting back on to check blogs, look up recipes, get home school info, etc. :) I stay up late at night until I am (FAAK) Falling asleep at the keyboard. (ITAH) Is there anyone here who is living a life like this? Am I alone? (AFAICS) As Far as I can See I may need professional help. Perhaps I'm addicted to the computer. I need time (AFC)Away from the Computer. I need three-demensional friends with whom I can have a (FTF) Face to Face conversation (IRL) In real life.
However, I am still grateful for all the friends I have made in the blog world. (AISI) As I see it the blog world can be a blessing or an intense time sucker. :) (YKWIM) You know what I mean? Today is my (DH's) Dear Husband's 41 birthday so I will be (AFC)Away from the computer. (ATM) At the moment he is in the shower getting ready to go. The kids are ready. Hopefully Gideon will not have a dirty diaper just as we are walking out the door. (I HIWTH)I Hate it when that happens. :):):)I hope that everyone has fun with this little challenge. You may NOT look up Internet acronyms to help you with this challenge. (YOYO) Your on your own. No cheating! :):):) Soooooo.... (HAND) Have a nice day, (GOWI) Get on with it, and (GBTM) Get back to me when you think you have the letter correctly decoded. Good luck and remember that the winner is (GTS) Going to .... Starbucks (?)!! (BBFN)Bye-bye-for Now.

p.s. Don't anyone ask me for hints...(ICTYBTIHTKY) I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you! Heehee

7 comments:

April said...

Wow! I never win anything, Angela. How exciting! I am going to be enjoying some great cinnamon dolce lattes and thinking of you!

Ashley Dumas said...

Congratulations April!!

This was a really cool idea Angela.

Ash

Unknown said...

wtg April!!!!!!!! and you even followed directions, as I failed to do :P :P by posting my answer as a comment. Oh well, I know where my kids get it from.

ENJOY THE LATTES!!! :)

Elspeth said...

AFAICS, FAAK, AFC, YKWIM, ITAH, FTF...and on and on it goes! I had no idea what any of these were except IRL (In Real Life). And the fact that there is someone out there who DOES know them is impressive, and maybe a little scary. Enjoy the Starbucks, April.

On second thought, if you've spent enough time online to pick up all of these acronyms, maybe you should forgo the coffees and get some sleep1 ;-0)

Just Kidding (JK?). Congraulations!

musicmommy3 said...

April,

I hope that you enjoy the lattes. :) Who knew that internet lingo would pay off one day? lol
The funny thing is that I usually can figure them out from context clues. I'm also good at problem solving so that helps. :)

The even funnier part is that while I was reading back through my letter to make sure it made sense...I had to look up one of Acronyms because I kept forgetting what it was.

HAND everyone!

Jane said...

rest...I'm commenting at 1:37 AM! Really, I'm feeling MUCH better, thanks for asking. we are just up surfing around late tonight, researching Panama City Fl for vacation. So many decisions!
Last I knew it was about midnight!

It wasn't until Jack started following my suggestion for eating yesterday that he finely got some relief. However, I think he has jumped the gun this evening now that he feels better, and might relapse. But he's a big boy, so he's the one that will pay!

I need to go to bed now....even breathing is driving me crazy at this point! So to make sure that Jack's head stays on his shoulders, I'm headed to bed!

Tia Lynn said...

I'm coming to Toccoa tonight, do you still need your stuff? I'll call you after the meeting! :)