Monday, April 7, 2008

HERE'S THE CONTEST!!!

Here's the challenge...

Something happened to me a couple of months ago.

Previously, I had noticed the common Internet acronyms (BTW, FYI, IMO, IMHO, IRL) on others' blogs. However, that day I noticed one I had not seen before. So I entered "Internet acronyms" into my Yahoo search and I found out that there are a PLETHORA of Internet Acronyms. An unbelievable amount of them. :)

So, just for fun I am going to write a (really generic) letter here to all my readers. This letter includes lots of Internet acronyms. The first person who can decode the letter correctly and email it to me will win the $15.00 Starbucks gift card. The contest will end Wednesday morning at 8:00am. At that point if everyone has made mistakes the person with the least amount of mistakes will win the card. Good luck everyone and HAVE FUN!!! Read the entire letter before starting. Some of the rules are at the end.


Hello Everyone,
HIG?
I feel like I am AATK and that ADN I will get a life. However, ATM all I can think about is getting back on to check blogs, look up recipes, get home school info, etc. :) I stay up late at night until I am FAAK.
ITAH who is living a life like this? Am I alone? AFAICS I may need professional help. Perhaps I'm addicted to the computer. I need time AFC. I need 3D friends with whom I can have a FTF conversation IRL.
However, I am still grateful for all the friends I have made in the blog world. AISI the blog world can be a blessing or an intense time sucker. :) YKWIM?
Today is my DH's 41 birthday so I will be AFC. ATM he is in the shower getting ready to go. The kids are ready. Hopefully Gid will not have a dirty diaper just as we are walking out the door. I HIWTH. :):):)
I hope that everyone has fun with this little challenge. You may NOT look up Internet acronyms to help you with this challenge. YOYO. No cheating! :):):) Soooooo.... HAND, GOWI, and GBTM when you think you have the letter correctly decoded. Good luck and remember that the winner is GTS!! BBFN.

p.s. Don't anyone ask me for hints...ICTYBTIHTKY! Heehee

9 comments:

Elspeth said...

I am officially an uninformed blogger. I don't know what half of those acronyms are, and the few I did manage to decipher I did by using context clues. Count me out!

Neat contest, though. I can't wait to see the answers.

Catrina said...

I have no idea, I know I could cheat and look them up online, but I'm a homeschool mom so I better walk the straight and narrow. lol

Andie said...

Oh my gosh, I thought I knew quite a few acronyms until I read this post...most of the stuff I know is TTC related, LOL!!! Count me out on this challenge :-)

Unknown said...

Ooooh-kay (deep breath... stretch... cracking knuckles), here goes nothing :) If you don't want any spoilers stop reading because I'm translating as much as I know here! I don't have them all... (I feel the need to just plug something in here first so I don't seem like a total internet loser junky - ha!!!! I learned a lot of these while doing a mind-numbing amount of internet research since my oldest son, now 9, was about 18 mos old and we first suspected he might have austim... so yeah, I learned some shorthand! those autism moms totally rock on the message boards and taught me sooooooooo much, a lot more important stuff than acronyms) :) besides, even though I rarelly use them, I do think TCBF :) :)

okay, HYG:

Hello Everyone,
How's it going?
I feel like I am attached at the keyboard (?) and that any day now I will get a life. However, at the moment all I can think about is getting back on to check blogs, look up recipes, get home school info, etc. :) I stay up late at night until I am falling asleep at keyboard.
ITAH who is living a life like this? Am I alone? As far as I can see I may need professional help. Perhaps I'm addicted to the computer. I need time away from computer. I need 3D friends with whom I can have a face to face conversation in real life.
However, I am still grateful for all the friends I have made in the blog world. As I see it the blog world can be a blessing or an intense time sucker. :) You know what I mean?
Today is my dear husband's 41 birthday so I will be away from computer. At the moment he is in the shower getting ready to go. The kids are ready. Hopefully Gid will not have a dirty diaper just as we are walking out the door. I hate it when that happens. :):):)
I hope that everyone has fun with this little challenge. You may NOT look up Internet acronyms to help you with this challenge. YOYO. No cheating! :):):) Soooooo.... HAND, get on with it, and get back to me when you think you have the letter correctly decoded. Good luck and remember that the winner is GTS!! Bye bye for now.

p.s. Don't anyone ask me for hints...ICTYBTIHTKY! Heehee

Unknown said...

oh, and Angela, TAYQ I too think the internet can be a blessing or a curse - AIHTD is read in Proverbs about the sluggard to become immediately convicted about online time. So now I earn it! AFter putting the kids to bed, I just cooked 2 recipes, cleaned my kitchen, and vacuumed the living room. SAFAICS, I earned a bit of downtime on line. Now I'm OTB! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

squeal! I just got the last one!!! I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you!! excellent :) :)

okay, now I really am OTB :) thanks for the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Ang,

DYEKTYMH? :-)

Amy

musicmommy3 said...

Amy,
ROFL!! I thought about putting that in but then it would have been just like giving it to you!! heehee

Remember how nobody could ever figure that out in HS?

DYEKTYMH2!
Ang

musicmommy3 said...

Okay Michelle,
I'm stumped on SAFAICS,
I figured out all your other ones. :)