Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Can Sure Cram A lot

into an alone night. :) (Y'all weren't sure WHERE that was going were you?)

I have wanted to have a night off for years but with our busy business it just hasn't been possible. Well, now it is. Tuesday nights I get to go out by myself. I leave at 6pm and return at approx 9 pm when everyone is asleep. (My husband does go to bed at 9pm a lot.)

Anyway, Tonight was just crammed full of activity for me. I need some jeans. This is no easy task for me. :) I don't have one of those "look good in the current styles" bodies. :) I could truly care less about that but it does make for rough jean shopping. I also need jeans that AREN'T stretch jeans since our washer has a tendency to freak out and wash things with HOT water even on the cold/cold cycle. Lovely huh?

So, I left at about 6pm. It takes me about 20 minutes to get to town. I went into the Tractor Supply to see if they had jeans that weren't stretch jeans. I couldn't get past the prices. Out I went.
I went next door to Beall's outlet. They have name brand overstocks. Nothing there but I did try on a bunch of stuff.

I decided that this wasn't going to work so I drove to a coffee shop (the Perk Up Cafe), parked, and ran 3 miles. After I finished I got a Spiced Chai Latte. Usually I HATE warm tea. HATE. But at this particular coffee shop they make the BEST chai latte (spiced) ever! Then I drove up down and went to Goody's. I did find some stuff there. I actually found some normal cut t-shirts. Whoa!! I found a few cute skirts for church and some badly needed brown flip flops. Yeah! After I left there I headed to Walmart to check and see if they had jeans I could use. Um, nope. So I proceeded to find more classic fitting Ts so I bought a few and I also got new underwear for those of you who care...and that should only be my husband...so don't care...:):):)

All in all it was a busy night.

For those of you who think it's gross that I tried on clothes after running...let me just say 2 things. #1- I really don't sweat anywhere near as much as the normal person. #2- I had baby wipes with me so I gave myself a "bath" in the stall of Goody's. I know, I know TMI (too much info)!! I just didn't want anyone to think I was totally disgusting or something. I have never tried on clothes after running before and probably never will again but I HAD to shop tonight. So, on that note...G'night!!- Angela :)

5 comments:

April said...

You are so hilarious. A bath with baby wipes... crazy woman.

Have you ever bought anything from eBay? I have one pair of jeans I love and I can only get them on eBay, where I get them for $20. Pretty cool. If you have a brand and style you've loved in the past, that might be a way to go.

Or you could just keep taking baths in the changing rooms at Goody's :)

Elspeth said...

Given my current physical state, I don't want to even THINK about trying on jeans. It isn't my As for your baby wipe bath, I agree that it may have been TMI, but it was funny.

Elspeth said...

My comment makes no sense! I was trying to say that jean shopping isn't my favorite type of shopping even when I'm NOT pregnant. Don't know what happened there.

Andie said...

LOL, this cracked me up! Good for you for getting some of your own time :-) We all need time to refresh now and then!

DeeAnn said...

I've also started going for the more 'mom' cut of jeans because I don't like exposing myself every time I bend down to tie someones shoe. I've been getting nicely cut capris at landsend.com and then go to the overstocks section. Their not quite perfect stuff is great too. I also wait for a free shipping sale. It's funny that I have to pay more money not to have my bottom showing. Did ya'll get a new driver?