Saturday, May 10, 2008

I'm Nervous

Okay, now I'm really nervous about tonight. (the signing thing)

At the rehearsal last night it was mass chaos. It was THE most chaotic wedding rehearsal that I've ever been to. sigh. In fact, the pastor did not even go through the ceremony. He only said bits and pieces at a speed of mock 5. I did meet her dad and step mom and because it's been awhile since I signed with actual deaf people that was also an adjustment. I can sign much better than I can read what he is signing but it was ok. We talked some. He has a great sense of humor that was SOOOO appreciative last night. Plus, he's nervous about having to walk his daughter down the aisle and give her away. So we're even. We're both nervous.

At one point he tapped me on the shoulder and asked if the violinist had started playing yet. I nodded yes. I must have looked a little quizzical because he signed- "I can't hear it. I'm deaf." He was kidding around so I singed back, "REALLY? I didn't know." We shared a laugh after that. Great guy. His wife was much shyer so I didn't talk as much with her.

I guess I'd better go. Michael is working all day so I have to figure out how to practice and later how to get ready for a formal wedding (hair and all) with 3 small very rowdy boys. :O

Blessings!-Angela :)

2 comments:

April said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you today! I know you will do beautifully. And it will mean the world to the parents.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I thought of you yesterday and prayed all went well. I'm sure it did. What a great experience for you. It sounds like the father is a great guy.
Card Grandma

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY