Thursday, May 1, 2008

WeCLEANED up!!

No, I'm not talking about my house. That is a hopeless disaster. (Just kidding. We clean everything according to our weekly chart but since we have a 2 year old...well, you know. heehee)

I was talking about our monthly Bargain Foods run. I want to share with you what I was able to get and I will tell you the total at the end.

Produce:
2 bunches of bananas, 2 cantaloupes, 2 lbs lemons, 2 Vidalia onions, 3 cucumbers, 1 5ct pkg corn on the cob, 1 4ct pkg yellow squash, 2
one pound pkgs baby carrots, 1 large bag of grapes (at least 2 pounds), 2 eggplants, 2 heads fresh broccoli, 3 medium tomatoes, 2 pints of grape tomatoes, 3 lbs apples, 4 lbs oranges

Dairy:
2 pounds butter, 2 pounds Smart Balance, 2 15 oz containers of Ricotta cheese, 3 containers pineapple yogurt, 1 12ct pkg string cheese, 1 12 ct box pineapple yogurt

1 dzn eggs

Frozen:
2 lbs broccoli
2 pkgs 6 ct mini corn on the cob
1 box mini corn dogs (YUCK!)
8 lean Cuisine indiv. pizzas

Juice:
4 cartons Tropicanna Organic orange juice
3 64 oz bottles of Cran/raspberry juice
1 48 oz bottle of Cran/Raspberry juice
1 64 oz bottle of Ocean Spray Ruby Red grapefruit juice
1 64 oz bottle of Apple Juice

Snack Stuff:
2 6pk Motts NO sugar added Strawberry Applesauce
4 1 pound jars salsa (HOT of course)
1 8 oz can toffee peanuts
1 5pk snack size organic chocolate mini cookies
1 12 ct box Entenmann's doughnuts
5 bags Cape Cod potato chips (various flavors)
2 bags other chips
2 8 oz bags trail mix
2 10 oz bags dark chocolate pieces
1 14 oz bags peanut M and Ms
1 box 30 ct snack sized Pop Secret Microwave popcorn

Cereal:
3 boxes Kashi Orchard Spice granola
1 box Berry Basic Flakes
2 Boxes Banana Nut granola
4 Boxes Nature Valley Cinnamon Granola Flakes
1 box organic Spelt and Cranberries
3 boxes Post Apple Cinnamon HArvest Organic
1 box Psyllium and oatbran
2 boxes Corn Puffs (no BHT or Partially Hydrogenated oils)
1 box Annie's organic Cinna Bunnies
7 boxes Cinnabun Caramel Pecan Crunch (again, NO BHT or PHVO'S!!!)

Bread:
All these are Pepperidge Farm -High Quality (over $3.00 a piece)
4 soft oatmeal
1 soft 100% whole wheat
2 Sourdough
1 German Dark Wheat
1 light soft wheat
1 light 7 grain
-------
1 Health Nut (Arnold's brand)
4 pkgs Thomas' English Muffins
1 pk Thomas' mini square everything bagels
3 bags Pepperidge Farm Soft Hoagie Rolls (2 whole wheat, 1 white)

Household Items:
1 pkg 8 ct Sparkle paper towels
1 9 ct pkg Charmin TP
3 100 fl oz Gain with Bleach Laundry detergent
1 50 ct container or muffin/cupcake baking cups
2 pkgs 250 ct napkins

1 50 ct box sandwich baggies
1 20 ct box quart freezer bags
1 15 ct box gallon freezer bags
1 sink strainer

Coffee:
1 10 oz bag coffee
1 12 oz bag Seattle's Best coffee (YUM!)

Soup:
All Progresso 16+ oz cans
3 cans Minestrone
5 cans Lentil
3 cans Vegetable
3 cans Pasta E Fagioli

Oils:
2 8oz bottles Flax oil
1 8oz bottle Flax/Sunflower oil
1 8oz bottle Flax/Sunflower/Olive oil

GRAND TOTAL:
$244.45

Awesome isn't it??!!!
I LOVE that place!

Breads and Juices are in our deep freezer. They freeze quite nicely and we can get them out as we need them. Almost everything I got was NOT out of date. You do have to check things carefully there. I will buy soup or cereal that's a couple months old but not much over that. :) Most everything we got seemed to be overstock items. :) My pantry is full, my fridge is full, my freezer is full. Thank-you Lord!!

Gotta go! I've lost my voice and feel slightly crummy. I'm going to go soak in a HOT (sauna like) bath while the youngest 2 are napping. :)

Hope that everyone has a great day!

Blessings!-Angela :)


p.s. Anyone in GA or South Carolina can email me and I will give you directions to Bargain Foods!!!

7 comments:

Elspeth said...

Too bad I don't live near a Bargain Foods. I'm glad your family was blessed by the great deals, though.

Anonymous said...

How in the world?! Please send me the directions!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is amazing!!!! It's disgusting the paltry amount that I am able to get here on $100 and that's at Walmart, which is cheaper than all the local grocery stores. I wish we had one of those around here. Actually, I'm going to check. I wonder if that place is a chain?

P.S. 14 days!!! :-)

Amy

Miracle Girl said...

Hey Angela~

I found your blog. The boys are growing like weeds.

I can't believe that you got all of that stuff. I sure that will last you a while.

How are you feeling? I am not feeling well. I have a bad sinus headache that is also behind my eyes. Not fun.

I wanted to let you know that I have tried my hand a having a blog. Here is the site~
http://autumn-miraclegirl.blogspot.com/

It was good to see you the other night at Wal-mart. Sorry it took me a couple of seconds to reconize you. We need to get together and hang out. I miss you.

Keep in touch.
Blessings~
Autumn

Anonymous said...

I wish we would have had a store like that when my kids were growing up. It's awesome. Even at Walmart I spend more than that and I'm by myself. I went to stater Bros. the other week instead of Walmart because I was close and I couldn't believe how much it cost me for just 5 or 6 items. Even Walmart seems to be getting more expensive but it sure is better than the regular groc. stores.
Have a good week.
Miss y'all

a said...

Now,.... if I leave South Africa tomorrow morning, that'll be $1500 plus accommodation in South Carolina,... that'll be another $500 plus the groceries at $250 will give me $2250. Thats about R18000.00 in South African currency. Nah... I will just go to my local grocer.

Bye the way $250 or R2000 for all that is incredible.

Blessings

Mothertomanyblessings said...

Dh knows where that is so I think I am going to try and talk him into going there soon. could you stop by my blog and tell me what is the best day to go, I would like to stock up and it would be good to do like a stock up right before I have baby