Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Moral of the Story

About 13 days ago I had the "flu". Nausea, chills, shaking, fever, headache, bad muscle aches, etc. I developed a small cough. I went to the dr about 5 or so days into it to get evaluated. I wanted to make sure that neither bronchitis nor pneumonia was setting in. I had a bad feeling.

Anyway, the dr said that my lungs sounded clear. I asked for a chest x-ray because I had a strong feeling that it might be pneumonia setting in. Chest x-ray came up clear. I was puzzled. I REALLY thought I'd have something show up on it.

8 days later (that'd be this morning) I woke up coughing and couldn't stop. I had a coughing "fit" that lasted almost 20 minutes. All day I couldn't take a deep breath. If I took small breaths it was OK but if I took a deep breath I would cough and cough and cough.

Michael told me to go back to the dr. I went to a different one this time. (not because the first one was incompetent but because I was embarrassed) Well this dr listened to my lungs for quite a few minutes and said, "Yes, I hear fluid in your lower right lung."

I have pneumonia. He RXed meds that Gid cannot ingest. Therefore we have to wean tomorrow. Cold turkey. BIG fun- weaning a child who DOES NOT want to wean while having pneumonia is on the list of things I NEVER want to do. (God PLEASE give me strength!!!!)

So, the moral of the story is...if you have prophetic giftings...wait till you are coughing your head off before going to the dr. You'll save a lot of money that way!! haha!!

Any prayers would be MUCH appreciated.

I am travelling to Ohio with Judah next week. We just found out that my dad was diagnosed with Prostate cancer and there is also a tumor in his bladder. They are removing the tumor first and then they will deal with the prostate cancer. The cancer is not expected to grow rapidly. Please pray for peace and for health!! Thanks so much.

Blessings!- Angela :)

7 comments:

Andie said...

Hey Ang, I hope you feel better soon, especially with the traveling you have coming up. I'll be praying for your dad! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you feel better soon and I am sending out huge prayers for your dad. Nobody's corny jokes made me laugh like his did. Please tell him I said hello and we're pulling for him! *Hugs*

Have a safe trip!
Amy

musicmommy3 said...

Hey Amy,
He's still corny but we love him. :)

Jay's girlfriends always liked his jokes too.

He does read this blog so he'll probably read your comment!! Thanks.

Miss you and love you too.
-Ang

Catrina said...

Sorry about your Dad, that can be stressful. My Dad recovered from the exact same thing, minus an organ. I will pray for him now. Cold turkey weaning on a 2 year old should be exciting, maybe you can just tell him the milk is rotten.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a lot at one time. Praying special grace on you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about going to the doctor too early!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your dad. I'll pray for him. I pray You and Judah have a safe trip. I pray also Gideon will get over the nursing fast. I know he'll be fine and I pray you'll get over the pnunomia soon. Try to get as much rest as possible.
Love, Card Grandma