Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Michael was at a meeting last night so I had put the boys to bed and I was lying on the bed with Gideon till he fell asleep. In the semi-darkness Judah(6 years old) suddenly said, "Mom! We need to pray for Daddy. He is tired and we need to pray that God will help him stay awake on the way home."

Me- OK sure! Do you want to pray?

J- I want us all to pray.

Me- OK.

We all prayed together. Then we laid there quietly for a few seconds and Judah spoke again.

J- It was important that we prayed NOW Mom, because God can do miracles.

Me- Yes He can buddy. He can do miracles.

J- But even when He doesn't do a miracle we still have to trust Him.

Long pause. I was overwhelmed with his spiritual insight and decided to see if he was just parroting something or if it was coming from a deeper place.

Me- Judah, how can we trust God when He doesn't answer our prayers the way we want Him to?

Judah- Then we just have to trust that He will be with us.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

Judah- I don't know how I thought about that Mom.

Me- I do! God told you that. He told your heart and it came out of your mouth. You should listen to Him more. He wants to speak to you.

Then I just laid in the darkness with tears running down my cheeks and joy in my heart; and silently thanked God for speaking to us through my son.

1 comment:

Christy Fritz said...

those are the some of the best parenting moments of life.

thanks for sharing.
christy :)