Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Dogs are HERE!

I am so excited to report that our first farm animals have finally made it here to live. :) We bought both these dogs, several months ago, from different owners, and they kept them for us. Cygwyn temporarily boarded at the Glory Ranch to meet the alpacas but both he and Rowdy are here now to get used to our property, each other, and await the arrival of their job- the animals.

Both boys are such type B we wondered what that would look like. We picked up Cygwyn in the early afternoon and brought him home. Judah (who is his "owner") played with him for about an hour till we left again to pick up Rowdy. Rowdy is "Thomas'" dog.

We all walked Rowdy into the fenced in area with Cyg and Ginger. (Ginger is our old dog. She is NOT a guard dog but we wanted her to make friends.) He went in and he and Ginger and Cygwyn sniffed each other, checked each other out, and various other dog things. They had NO probs with each other. We DO however have to keep the food WAY far apart. Rowdy is SUPER possessive as is Ginger. :)

They barked last night but when I went out to check it was obvious that they were working. They were both running the fence and protecting us. Ginger looked up at me from the middle of the field in a sleepy haze. It was funny.

Here are some pics of our big, pretty, boys.



Ooo!!! A new home to explore!



Don't even THINK about touching this bone right here New Dog!


No problem. There is plenty of field to run in and check out!!


Yes I will come when called.


How can I best serve you my new Mistress?


What a beautiful boy with the sun reflecting off of him!


Why is he here?


I have a bone too!


I'm the biggest puppy ever!


But I am also the sweetest 95 pound puppy ever!


Bringing Rowdy home. Don't let the name fool you. He's really calm. Really.


Thomas made him feel safe and special all the way home.
I tried not to gag from the dog smell all the way home.


Cygwyn meet Rowdy. Rowdy meet Cygwyn.


Sniffing each other


Circling each other (This went on for quite some time.)


This home will do just fine. I believe I'm going to like it here. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! They are gorgeous!

Congrats on the new additions! :-)

Love ya, miss ya!
Amy

Christy Fritz said...

Such beautiful dogs.and great pictures!
you've been tagged at my place BTW...:):)
don't feel like you have to.
ashley's daughter, Sienna started it awhile back.

MommaofMany said...

Those are some mighty handsome dogs, I must say!

Andie said...

Very cute!