Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still Having Fun in the North :)

Yesterday, after seeing some relatives, we headed down to Kirkland, Ohio for an indoor Candy Land game. The path was painted on the floor and the room was decorated like a giant Candy Land game. You received a game box with pieces when you arrived and you became a human pawn in the game. The boys had fun. :)


Thomas at the start of the game.


Gideon at the start of the game.

I took a pic of Judah but it looked bad because he was still shivering from our walk through the big parking lot. Oops.


The boys next to the ice cream trees. That was my favorite part of the room. (of course)


The room was a bit small so it was hard to take pictures of the decorations.
It was also a bit crowded so I had to watch my matching kiddos VERY carefully.

Gideon loved the decorations. :)


This was my favorite thing in the room! The bald eagle is offering her babies a huge sucker! LOL!!


Gingerbread house slide. The boys spent some time here. Gideon was in line next to Thomas at the bottom but didn't make it up at the same time as Thomas. However, Thomas waited there for a while till he got to the top. I thought it was super sweet!


Judah

My kids are daredevils like me. hehehe


Thomas


The older boys wouldn't even think of going down a shot slide the proper way. GRIN! (I have taught them well.)


Gideon


Thankfully he slid the correct way.


Wall decorations that Gideon liked.


The bird watching area.

This was actually a nature/outdoorsy place. Truth be told my boys LOVED the nature stuff much more than the candy wonderland area. I don't have any pictures of the "stuffed" animals we saw but the albino deer was pretty cool. They also loved the huge snake.



Playing with the train set in the play area.


Playing together??? Not really. Thomas went to get part of Judah's train. He let him have it so there was no outburst. I was very thankful. :)


After the candy wonderland place I took the boys to a real candy store. They had never been in one. They are hardly ever allowed to eat candy. I got them each one thing. I also bought some all natural apple butter made with cider. OH MY GOODNESS! I was awesome!!!!!

Family Fun!


Judah and my beloved Grandma. She didn't like her hair today and didn't want her picture taken so my boys lent her one of their dress up hats. :)


I think she is BEAUTIFUL! She's also a beautiful person inside.


Beauty apparently runs in the family. That's my beautiful mother.

Must have skipped a generation when it came to me. HAHA!!



Thomas with Gram.


My mom's sister, my Aunt Nita, playing tickle with the boys. They were having a blast.




Judah tried to do a headstand but collapsed in a fit of giggles.

Yeah Thomas!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

are you ever coming back south?!? lol

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! I love all of your pictures!