Monday, February 16, 2009

Night Feedings

Bottle feeding a cria is a definite job but it's very rewarding. :)

Thankfully you don't have to get up in the middle of the night. We feed her 4 times a day. 8:00am, 12:00pm, 4:00pm, and 8:00pm. She LOVES her bottles. She loves those who are bringing her the bottles. As I said, it's very rewarding. :)


I mean, who wouldn't love this fuzzy creature with her adorable milk spattered face?


Sh has a NICE fleece. We're proud of it. I cannot wait to send it into some shows and see how it stacks up against some of the others. Her mother has taken a 3rd and a 5th place ribbon in the past. I think Destiny might do even better than that. Yeah!


SO adorable! It's SO hard to get shots of my hand at night that didn't make it appear ugly looking. Haha!


Who is that in the dark? Oh it's Rico Arcani!


He is super curious about this bottle thing. He wasn't in the same pasture as she was at the other farm. Here he has a front row seat and he is fascinated by it.


Because she is a bottle baby she likes to be loved.


She follows us around the pasture.


I jogged away and she came running after me. heehee

That's ONLY because she's a bottle baby. Alpacas are generally (overall) wary around humans.


Not Destiny. She borrows into you and sucks on your clothes.


Rico has decided that he wants personal attention as well. I'm feeding him a handful of grain from his feeder.


He is perfectly capable of eating by himself.


I've never seen a dog who likes to sit down to eat. Rowdy cracks me up!!


I love you "Mommy"!


The dogs are pretty cute at night too.

4 comments:

Jane said...

you are soooo making me want to put some animals on our 4 acres!!! I think it is the "mother's heart" in me that wants to love on something with a heart beat....other than my husband. some day. some day.

Lea said...

What adorable and beautiful animals. Lots of fun for your entire family and lots of things to learn for your children.

Andie said...

Very cute!!!

heartchild said...

They are so sweet looking. That fleece looks very touchable. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Angie