Saturday, April 11, 2009

We're Still Here!

Life has just gotten so busy since the addition of the animals. of course they were added to: homeschooling, Michael training a new driver, and my newest endeavor. What's that? Well I'm glad you asked. ;)

Weight Loss.

Before the addition of my third child 3 years ago, I ALWAYS exercised and mostly ate very well. Then came Gideon and something happened. heehee

I had gotten down to a great weight last year but then I got pneumonia. Dum, Du-Dum Dum. I had to eat every few hrs (for a MONTH) to keep down the meds. Then, I decided I like that. It all went downhill from there. Since I couldn't exercise I couldn't burn it off.
Well, now I AM burning it off but it's taking almost all of the "spare" time I have. I'm determined though! I just passed the halfway point!! YEAH!!

So that's about all that's new. How boring. Hopefully I didn't just scare off the last few readers.

Other than that, we are looking ahead to a busy summer. Hopefully we can get the boys into swim lessons again. My MIL is coming to visit at the end of May. Michael and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary on June 12th. My parents are possibly coming at the end of June. We pick up Cocoa Powder in late July. Whew!
We will be officially finished with school for the year just in time for all the craziness. :) School continues to go pretty well. We are ready for a break though.

Judah had a birthday in February and turned SEVEN! I was traumatized. :) I do have pics of that and I PROMISE to post them sometime in the near future.

Michael turned 43 last week. His birthday was a quiet, relaxing family evening. He enjoyed it. He didn't want too big of a deal made because he has been working 7 days a week for awhile. He just didn't have the time for a trip or anything like that. So, he requested a special meal. A very thick (1 1/2 inch) Ribeye grilled Pittsburgh style, topped with Blue Cheese Butter (homemade and it's a GREAT recipe), Texas Garlic Toast, and grilled zucchini and squash. The meal ended with a homemade coconut cream pie. That's Michael's favorite and I haven't made one for quite some time. He was very pleased. All the men really enjoyed the feast.

Then he opened presents the boys picked out. heehee

Thomas got him a new tool belt, Judah got "him" a hot wheels track, and Gid gave him 5 hot wheels cars. I gave him a new spatula for the range. Our other metal one he always used went missing. I like the plastic ones. :)

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Resurrection Day tomorrow!!!
I won't take so long to post next time.


Blessings!-Angela :)

2 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

good to hear an update.
i am working on the weight loss thing too. :)
i can't believe caleb will be 7 this summer either. i may be pretty emotional about that one too. it's crazy how fast they grow.
take care
christy:)

Jane said...

i'm still here...just not as often, cause i'm livin life.

i have a goal...i REALLY want to come visit you guys. these next three weeks are pretty full for me...can you call me and we can set a date to aim for?

talk to you soon!