Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ahhhhhh

In case you are wondering, that is a sigh of relief! Nobody is sick this week. No animals have died or gotten sick. We have done homeschool every day. Life is looking up!! :)

In fact, even Math has gone well this week during homeschool- for BOTH boys!! I'm in Heaven!!

They had both been struggling just a tad. Judah kept pressing through but I kicked Thomas out of Math for about 4 weeks. (He didn't notice. I just didn't ask him to do any.) This week I started Thomas back and it's like a light bulb went on!!! Yeah!

Today Judah asked to do an extra 8 pages of Math ABOVE his required 2. Hehe. Seriously, was I hit over the head in the last few days and I just don't remember????

We have made homemade muffins twice this week. The boys love them and they love to help. Gideon is proving to be just as avid of a cook as the other two.

OH! This last week has been a breakthrough week for Gid in the speech dept. Most of you know that he is severely delayed. He has been diagnosed with speech apraxia. He is VERY smart (his speech pathologist confirms this) and his motor skills are super but he's about 2 years behind in language. Anyway, he has been working with my friend Karen for about 6 months now and he can say a few WHOLE words now!! Up. Help. and soup are now complete and consistent! We are very proud of him and very grateful to Karen. Also, Karen thinks that he is on the verge of really getting it. She is expecting a big breakthrough soon. :) That would be GREAT!

So, good things this week. Thanks for praying for our family the last 3 weeks. We are all over the flu and sick or dying animals and we are very happy about that. :)

Blessings!- Angela :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news all around! I am happy to hear things are looking up!

Love ya/miss ya!
Amy

Jane said...

my ex-sister-in-law's son was the youngest of three children. it wasn't until he was 4 and they got a boat that he started talking. Seriously...he went from about 10 words to complete sentences, thoughts and conversations over night. I'll be praying for your little guy to breakthrough soon.

also....LOVED our conversation the other day! you have NO idea what that did for my heart. HUGS!!!

musicmommy3 said...

Amy I miss you too!!!

Jane- I love to talk to you! You bless me so much!
And if I need a kick in the butt you're so happy to give it to me....

thanks. :)

MommaofMany said...

I thought my daughter had that. She fit everything just right.

She's seven now, and just tonight came in and asked "Mom, what you cooking? Soup?" We can have real, if not perfect, conversations! WooHoo!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are looking up.
Y'all deserve a break.
I'm happy Gideon is making progress.Praise the Lord.Keep up the good work Gideon.

One of my sisters wasn't talking much by the age of four and she got her vacination shot and we say she hasn't shut up since. Not that that made her talk more but it's ironic she started talking more after that.

Good work Judah & Thomas on your Math. Glad yo like to help mommy bake too.
Love, Card Grandma