Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School Pics... about 4 weeks late.

My crazy homeschooled kids have no idea that summer is supposed to last as long as possible. So, they begged to start school the last week of July... so we did. :)

Here are pics from the first day...



Special first day of school breakfast and NO it was NOT healthy!!! Normally we make muffins at home but I wanted something fast that day. Lemon cake from Walmart with Fresh strawberries and whipped cream.


Gideon "smiles" this way for the camera now. EEK! If I want a natural smile I have to catch him unaware. LOL!


My Thomas!


There is no need for backpacks here at Basics and Beyond Academy but we do get them new school supplies each year. The usual; scissors, glue, pencils, erasers, etc.
This year they also got colored baskets to keep them in. The gifts were a big hit.

Gideon loved that he got scissors this year like a big boy!


I hope they are this easy to please in a few years.

Then again, I got practically giddy with excitment purchasing the supplies so there's hope. LOL!!

1 comment:

Lea said...

Great pics! They are all getting so big. I couldn't remember how old they are now so I scrolled back up to see if you had it written in your summary area and you do. Are those ages still accurate (7,5 and 3)? The zoo pics are great. I love that park. It looks like you guys had a fun first day of school. What resources are you using this year?