Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Zoo field trip!

Michael drove all night bringing the two new alpacas home on August 9-10. The morning of August 10th we (the boys and I) headed out to Greenville zoo for most of the day. We left at about 6:30 and arrived at about 8:00am. The boys were THRILLED that we had the park to ourselves for about an hour and a half.


They were especially excited that this thing did not have it's usual long line. I really get nervous when they are on it. It's like a neck injury just waiting to happen!


But THEY love it. :)


Gideon giving biggest brother a ride.


He's really into climbing things... He's a boy.


See? :)


My oldest two FINALLY learned to start themselves on the swing this year. I could hardly contain my excitement!!! Thomas got going really high here.


Judah was not feeling safe that high so he kept it a little lower.


Gideon cannot start himself and since the shoulder surgery I really should not be pushing him so he just had fun a different way.


Planes go high!!!


I like how Judah matches the truck. lol!


I'm finished swinging now Mom.


It's climbing time now!


Thomas had to get in on the action.


Gideon joined them too.


Only, he wasn't too sure about it once he got a little higher. :)


They love to spin on these things. It makes my stomach churn just to watch.


Gideon went at a slower pace thank goodness.

TWO HOURS later the zoo finally opened...



Elephants are so cool!


They really are!


The boys thought the lemurs with their loud shrieking noise were the coolest thing ever!! (They've seen them many times but I don't think they've ever heard them make that noise up close before.)


So cute!


We're having so much fun!!


I think the giraffes have got to be my favorite animal here.


I'm also partial to tortoises.


A fun time was had by all.

5 comments:

Mrs T said...

what an awesome park! my 3 yr old boy was looking at the pics with me and saying "that is ME!" as he points out your boys on the swings, ropes, and riding toys. LOL

looks like a grand time.

now where are the pics of the new fuzzies?!

MommaofMany said...

WOW! What a great park! I want to move to Georgia just to get to play at that park!

Julie said...

Where is that zoo in relation to Atlanta? And the park of course. I would love to get there sometime!

Tia Lynn said...

Great pics! Your boys are getting so big and very handsome! I haven't been in blog world in so long, Im trying to catch up!

Dakota said...

I officially have park-envy. That place looks so cool.