Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Judah!!


















































Well, You'll have to withstand a little reminiscing because I can't believe that the little screaming bundle we brought home from the hospital last week is FIVE years old today! Even though he had terrible colic for months I was so in love with him. When he came up out of the water (we did a water birth) his skin was so dark and his hair was so dark. Michael turned to me a few minutes later and said, "where'd we get the Mexican baby?" I love being a mommy. sigh-
anyway, no time for reminiscing because I have to get this post done and then get our day started. We did Judah's party yesterday. Peter came over after church and hung out with us till late afternoon. We picked up pizzza and we ate lunch first. Then we did the cake.

In our house the cake is done much different than other places. (heeheehee) First of all everyone gets a turn to blow out the candles. This comes from having boys so close together. So Judah went first, then Thomas, and then even Peter wanted to. Judah got one last turn before we took the melted wax, I mean candles, out of the cake. The second thing that is vastly different at our house is, that we cut each piece of birthday cake exactly where the person wants it. You should have seen the look on Peter's face when he was asked which piece he wanted. I guess he expected me to just cut the next piece over for him.
We opened up presents after that. Before they started the presents Judah told Peter that he wanted to share 2 presents with him. I was touched and then got nervous because I thought Judah might change his mind once Peter opened them. So, I explained to Judah that it would be GREAT to share like tta with Peter but that no matter what the gift was he couldn't take it back. Judah passed Peter 2 presents.
After gifts they played pin the tail on the donkey. They didn't get the whole no cheating part. LOL Next was a pinata. They had great fun. I, on the other hand, got wacked in the side of the head with the stick we were using and besides a bruise felt sick for several hours after. LOL
The boys spent the rest of the afternoon playing, eating popcorn, and watching one of Judah's new videos. Everyone had a great time.
Today I figured that I would take the boys to the bank (to cash Judah's checks) and then to the store to pick out presents. I'm sure it will be a fun day! MY BABY IS FIVE!!!!
Blessings!- Angela :)






























+

1 comment:

Christy Fritz said...

hey, just wanted to let you know jayne ran upstairs today to put her bad attitude in a suitcase and come down with a new one... thanks for sharing... she came down with a new smiling face and did her work nicely, for a while anyway :)